Historical records matching David Russell Weir, MBE
About David Russell Weir, MBE
David Russell Weir MBE (born 5 June 1979) is an elite British Paralympic wheelchair athlete from London, England. Leg amputee from birth
David Weir currently holds the British record at all track distances up to 5,000 m, as well as on the road at 10 km, half marathon, and marathon.
He is one of the athletes selected for the 2012 Summer Paralympics - the fourth time Weir has represented Team Great Britain.
David owns every British racing record at every distance up to 5,000m. He also owns records for 10km, half marathons, and full marathons. Going into 2012, David is the favorite to win gold in the 800m and 1,500m events.
Two of David's brothers are boxers, one an ABA finalist and another a pro for a while
England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005
- Name: David Russell Weir
- Mother's Maiden Surname: Bowen
- Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1979
- Registration district: Sutton
- Inferred County: Greater London
- Volume Number: 15
- Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Birth Index: 1916-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2008.
- Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
- 2004 Paralympic Games, Athens – Silver, Bronze
- 2006 IPC Athletics World Championships – Gold (3), Silver
- 2008 Paralympic Games, Beijing – Gold (2), Silver, Bronze
- Columnist for Evening Standard - 2012 Stagbearer
- Ambassador for National Lottery Quiz, the 'Games Brains'
- Ambassador for Lucozade Sport
- Vice President of Get Kids Going Charity
- Ambassador for the Aviva UKA Academy
- Featured in Aviva TV advert broadcast worldwide in 2007
Sources and References