Matching family tree profiles for Capt. Abraham Phelps
About Capt. Abraham Phelps
Was effected by Vandalism 28 Jul. 2013; corrected.
- The Phelps family of America and their English ancestors, with copies of wills, deeds, letters, and other interesting papers, coats of arms and valuable records (1899) Vol.2
- GEORGE PHELPS THE EMIGRANT
- 1. George Phelps, (Note. No. 17 on page 72, volume I), b. Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, England, about 1606, emigrated to New England, then unmarried, with his elder brother William, wife and family, sailing from Plymouth, England, 20 March, 1630, in the ship Mary and John, of 400 tons burden, Capt. Squab, Master, with about 140 passengers. Lauding at Nantasket, now Hull, 30 May, 1630, settling in Dorchester, Mass., with his brother and others of the Rev. Mr. Warham's Church, the first settlers of Dorchester.
- From Dorchester records we learn that "Jauy. 1632, George Phelps, with others, is to have the great lot of six acres ....
- Mr. Phelps m. for his first wife Phillury Randall, at Windsor, in 1637, daughter of Philip Randall, b. in England, and
- emigrated to New England in ship Mary and John with his father Goodman Randall in Dorchester, in 1630, and Windsor in 1635. She was a member of the Rev. Mr. Warham's Church in Dorchester. She died in Windsor, 29 April, 1648. By her he had six children. He m. 2nd widow Frances Dewey, 16 Nov., 1648. He was her third husband. She m. for her 1st husband Joseph Clark. ....
- She m. 2nd Thomas Dewey in 1638 or 1638 ....
- ... By her third husband, Mr. Phelps, she had three children. She lived in Westfield, Mass., and d. 27 Sept. 1690.
- From this it appears that he deeded considerable of his property in Westfield, to John Gun, which would indicate that he again intended removing to Windsor, Ct. This he did not do, as he died 8 May, 1687. ....
- Children by wife Phillury Randall, b. Windsor, Ct.:
- + 2. I. Isaac, b, 26 Aug., 1638, m. Anne Gaylord.
- 3. II. A child, d. 1647.
- + 4. III. Abraham, b. 22 Jan., 1641, m, Mary Pinney.
- 5. IV. A child, d. 1647.
- 6. V. Abigail, d. 1649.
- + 7. VI. Joseph, b. 24 June, bpt. 11 July, 1647, m. 1st Mary Porter, 2nd Hestor Hosford.
- Children by 2nd wife, Widow Frances Dewey, b. Windsor, Ct.:
- + 8, VII. Jacob, b. 7 Feb., 1948-50, m. Dorothy Ingersoll.
- + 9. VIII. John, b. 15 Feb., 1651-52, m. Sarah Buckland.
- + 10. IX. Nathaniel, b. 9 Dec, 1653, m. Eunice __ .
- 4. Capt. Abraham Phelps, b. Windsor, Ct., 22 Jan., 1642, 111. Mary Pinney, 6 July, 1663, daughter of Humphrey and Mary (Hill) Pinney, of Somerset, England, who came to Dorchester, in ship Mary and John, to Windsor in 1635. She was b. Windsor, bapt. 16 June, 1644, where she d. 25 July, 1725, in her 82nd year.
- Capt. Phelps, when very young, was adopted by his cousin, Abraham Randall, and inherited his property (about ,£140), except small legacies to his brothers, Isaac and Joseph. .... etc.
- "Here lyeth ye body of Capt. Abraham Phelps, who died Jany. ye 25, 1727-8, aged 85 years."
- It is now in the Windsor Cemetery.
- Their children were :
- + 22. I. Abraham, b. Windsor. Ct., 6 March, 1665-6.
- 23. II. Isaac, b. " " ,5 Aug., 1672-, d. 24 July, 1706, aged 33 years.
- + 24. Ill, Benjamin, b. Windsor, Ct., 1 Oct., 1683, m. Hannah Birge.
- PHELPS, Abraham
- b. 22 JAN 1640/1 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- d. 25 JAN 1727/8 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- Father: PHELPS, George
- Mother: RANDALL, Phillury
- Marriage: 6 JUL 1663
- Spouse: PINNEY, Mary
- b. 16 JUN 1644 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- d. 15 JUL 1725 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- Father: PINNEY, Humphrey
- Mother: HULL, Marie
- PHELPS, Abraham b. 6 MAR 1665/6 Windsor, Hartford, CT. d. AUG 1783
- PHELPS, Isaac b. 5 AUG 1673 Windsor, Hartford, CT. d. 4 JAN 1702/3
- PHELPS, Benjamin
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_138.htm#285
- Husband: Abraham Phelps
- Born: 22 Jan 1642 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Married: 6 Jul 1665 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Died: 28 Jan 1727 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Father: George Phelps
- Mother: Philura Randall
- Wife: Mary H. Penney
- Born: 16 Jun 1644 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Died: 15 Jul 1725 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Father: Humphrey Pinney
- Mother: Marie Mary Hull
- Sources: 
- Name: Abraham Phelps Born: 6 Mar 1665 at: Died: at:
- Name: Isaac Phelps Born: 5 Aug 1673 at: Died: at:
- Name: Benjamin Phelps Born: 1 Oct 1683 at: Died:
- From: http://www.phelpsfamilyhistory.com/genealogy/d0011/f0000066.asp#I147
Capt. Abraham Phelps的年谱
Windsor, Connecticut Colony
Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut
Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut
Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut
Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut Colony