This is the Umbrella Project Page for Gloucestershire England.
- Administrative centre Gloucester
- County Flower - Wild Daffodil
- People from Gloucestershire are called - Gloucesterian or Gloucesterish
- Famous for:
- Double Gloucester cheese
- Gloucestershire Old Spot Pig
- Annual "cheese-rolling" event takes place at Cooper's Hill
- Places of Interest
- Berkeley Castle
- Gloucester Cathedral
- Sudeley Castle, burial place of Queen Catherine Parr, 6th wife and consort of King Henry VIII.
- Tewkesbury Abbey
- Woodchester Mansion
Gloucestershire (abbreviated Glos.) is a county in South West England
Gloucestershire borders Gwent in Wales (now Monmouthshire), and in England counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Bristol and Somerset. Ceremonially, it includes the area covered by the South Gloucestershire unitary authority.
- Forest of Dean
- South Gloucestershire (Unitary)
If you have Gloucestershire connections please join the project.
To participate in any project
- you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
Information regarding processed cemeteries
from The Phillimore Atlas and Index of Parish Registers 1984.
See http://www.geni.com/photo/view/4560155096930045739?photo_id=6000000019091844001 - open full view.