This project seeks to collect all of the Jewish families from the town of Blatná in Bohemia, Czech Republic.
From Jewish Gen Cemetery project:
"BLATNA: also used cemeteries at Kasejovice and Mirotice Alternate names: Blatná [Cz], Blatna [Ger]. 49°26' N, 13°53' E 52 miles SSW of Praha (Prague), 12 miles N of Strakonice. [February 2009]
The town Blatná ("Town in Marsh") is well-known for its Renaissance chateau with the same name. Blatná lies about 25 km northwest of the town of Písek in the countryside full of ponds along the Lomnice river. First mentioned in the 13th century. The fortified settlement and village became a small town about 1300 and in 1601, a town. The chateau was built and developed by the Lords of Rožmitál, who owned the town until 1579. During the life of Zdeněk Lev of Rožmitál the town prospered. Town sites include the water chateau founded before 1400, the Late-Gothic Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, St. Michael's Chapel from 1515 north of the church in the cemetery arched with diamond vaults and a cloister from the second half of the 18th century. Sometimes called "town of roses" for its tradition of rose cultivation started by the famous breeder Jan Böhm. [February 2009] Nearby: Sedlická Obora deer-park small village Bělčice small town Sedlice small village Paštiky town and chateau Březnice"
By a remarkable chain of events the Woodford Liberal Synagogue in the United Kingdom acquired a Torah from Blatna from the Czech Torah Project. This link leads to the complete story:
A book on the Jewish presence in the town of Blatna was published in 2003. The author is Dimitriu Slonim and a copy is listed in the catalog of the US Holocaust Museum.
The victim database of Yed Vashem contains 83 names of people connected with Blatna, born there or lived there, who perished in the Holocaust.
See the Kasejovice Geni Town Project here: https://www.geni.com/projects/Jewish-families-from-Kasejovice-Bohemia-Czech-Republic/15271