This project seeks to collect representatives of each of the Jewish families from the Bohemian town of Luže in the Czech Republic.
A district on n the SE side of town was inhabited by a Jewish community with a rabbi since the late 18th century. Jewish population was 309 persons in 1920, who almost all were exterminated during WWII. The Synagogue from the 18th century has been renovated. A large Jewish cemetery about 1 km north of Luže has graves dating back to the 17th century.