This is a project for Jewish families of the town of Malínec, a small town near Prestice and Svihov and North East of the district seat - Klatvoy.
For the vital records of the town on Badatelna use this link:
For the Jewish Cemetery Project on this town use this link:
MALINEC: Plzen-jih, Bohemia PDF Print E-mail used the cemetery at Svihov, 6 km SW. Alternate names: Malinetz, Mallinetz. Malinec is 35 km south of Plzen (14 km SE of Prestice) in hilly countryside. Jews resided in the region since at least the 15th Century. The Jewish community in Malinec date from the mid-18th century (Jewish archives: book 70, page123 - Sarah LOWY married Daniel WACHTEL in 1775). As in the neighbouring village of Vlci, most Jews either were traders and engaged in the cattle business and farming. The 1837 census lists14 jewish families in 9 houses (KLEIN, LOCHNER and WACHTEL). In 1890, 6 families resided in their own family houses. Malinec was part of the district of Prestice and, in 1893, was established as one of the seven communities of this district with 146 people, a synagogue, and a religious teacher. Jews moved to larger towns after 1893, especially to Svihov and Prestice, and probably Pilzen. An old synagogue from the first half of the 19th century is now replaced by a residence. (white house on the left). [February 2009]
For a map location for this town use the following link: