This project seeks to collect all of the Jewish families from the town of Kuzová (Wallisgrün) in Bohemia, Czech Republic.
Current Czech name: Kuzová
Other names/spellings: Wallisgrün, Wallisgruen, Wallisdorf, Heinrichsdorf
Village district (bezirk) and region: Wallisgrün, Středočeský Kraj
Location: Latitude : 50° 02' 00" N Longitude : 13° 32' 00" E
The History of the Jews in Wallisgrün : The Jewish Congregation of Wallisgrün (Neu-Wallisdorf) exists since the founding of the village, in any case since before the year 1783. In 1812 the Temple was built, for that purpose, the Congregation received generous support from the patron, His Excellency Count Wallis from Fkolleschowitz, who donated the site, wood, etc. 121 Souls. The ceremonial bath exists since the congregation was formed.
In the year 1820 there were 49 Jewish inhabitants and about 20 in the year 1880. The last Jewish inhabitant was Theodore Honig in 1929.
(SOURCES: Translated from: "Die Juden und Judengemeinden Böhmens in Vergangenheit und Gegenwart" by Hugo Gold in 1934.)
Birth, Death and Marriage record books for ….. are preserved and located at ……
Jewish Cemetry: Cemetery near Kozlany founded in 1783. It is about 2 km from village on "Šibeniční vrch" (Gallows Hill). near the former scaffold. Lined up along the original wall are tens of ancient gravestones. Jews from Kůzová used the site until 1940 after extinction of the Jewish community.
Wallisgrün Inhabitants (those on geni in blue, those not yet entered in black) :
Bohemia Jewish Census