This project seeks to collect all of the Jewish families from the town of Sobědruhy (Soborten) in Northern Bohemia, Czech Republic. (now known as Teplice-Sobědruhy and a district of the city of Teplice). it is worth noting that many Jewish families and individuals from Soborten moved to Teplice and/or had businesses or family in Teplice so the two projects here on Geni are really inter-connected.
Traditionally, Sobědruhy was a town in Bohemia, whose Jewish community is probably one of the oldest in the province. The Jewish community of Sobědruhy includes parts of the Teplitz (Teplice), Dux (Duchcov), and Karbitz (Chabařovice) districts. The synagogue has a tower, with a clock, and two lamps respectively bearing the dates 1553 and 1654. For a time the Jewish cemetery at Sobědruhy was used as a burial-place by the Jewish community of Dresden. Many gravestones bear the inscription "Mi-Geresh Prag", marking the graves of Jews who were driven from Prague, some of whom died as martyrs. Until 1848 the Jews of Sobědruhy were confined to the ghetto - the Judengasse, as it is still called. For some time the Jewish community formed a part of the Leitmeritz district rabbinate, but in 1883 it gained independence and elected as its rabbi Ḥayyim (Heinrich) Galandauer (author of "Der Socialismus im Bibel und Talmud"). Sobědruhy has a Jewish population of 150 in 1900s.
History & News Links:
The State Regional Archives in Litomerice has a handwritten history and chronicle of the Soborten Jewish Community up to 1932. All pages are digitized. This is extremely valuable information. Here is a link to the first image in the collection... http://vademecum.soalitomerice.cz/vademecum/permalink?xid=2587F5E57B2211E6AAFBB4B52FB7B925&scan=135#scan135