We all know that the village has been inhabited for thousands of years, recent archaeological findings prove this very fact, it is also known that before the Turkish Muslim population arrived in the village in 1571, the village had been a christian settlement. Before the arrival of the Ottoman Turks to the village the village population were Latins speaking the Greek language but belonged to the Catholic church. When the Ottoman conquered the island in 1571 it is believed the population of Latins either fled from the Island other converted to Islam or sought refugee at Greek populated villages where they embraced the Greek Orthodox religion. As for the Latin population of Galinoporni as the village was known at that time, the Latins fled to the nearby villages yaliousa, ayia Trias and Rizokarpaso. After the conquest of the Island by the Ottoman Turks it is recorded that some nine Muslim Families arrived to the village, most of these families belonged to important Ottoman Turkish and Muslim tribes and clans some arrived from central Anatolia, others came from Konya, Harput in eastern turkey some from the black sea others came from Syria and others from as far as Yemen, Egypt, Sudan and the Central Asian steppes near afghanistan. from Ottoman records we know some of these families belonged to important clans some of the named families were Babaliki'ler, Mehmet Ali Agaogluari, Gul Ahmet'ler, Haji Memis'ler, Kavaz'lar,Misiri'ler, Sefket'ler, Bakayi Selim'ler, MullaAli'ler, Mehmed Haji'ler, Emirzade'ogluari other important families who arrived some 100 years after the conquest were Karaman'lar, Pasalar, Rejebogluari, MollaEmin'ler, Pasalar and Haji ResulAga. The latter families had settled in other villages like yesilkoy and Avetpe (ayios Symeon )but decided to settle in the village of Kaleburnu because of economic reasons. When these Turks arrived in the village they settled around the village according to their status, so those who were wealthy settled in the heart of the village while the poorer families settled round the two hill Skudeli and Vouno.
It is historically recorded that the first Turkish Cypriots settlers arrived in Kaleburnu in 1571 and others arrived in 1572, when the Turks arrived in the village a mosque was built by Abdullah Pasha who was an Ottoman Pasha who lead the campaign for the conquest of the Island. Abdullah Pasha was also one of the richest landowners in the Karpaz region he owned much of the land beyond Rizokarpaso (dipkarpaz) which included the area where Apostolos Andreas is situated. Kaleburnus present Mosque was rebuilt over the Mosque of Abdullah Pasha that had been destroyed in an earthquake in the 17the centruy. Our present mosque was built by Haji Mehmet Effendi he was also a wealthy landowner he is the Great grandfather of the Kullaha and Memis families. It is worth mentioning that inside the Present mosque an Ottoman grave belonging to Abdullah Pasha son can be found, the original Ottoman grave that has an Ottoman and Persian inscription is dated 1572 and belongs to Seyyid Muhammed Muhsin Effendi, he belonged to a Sufi Mystical group who's origins were founded in Baghdad in Iraq. Another famous tomb in the Mosque belongs to Haji Osman Bekir Effendi who its believed to be the first Hoja and teacher of the village. The Turks also built a Mekteb (school) adjacent to the Mosque which had beautiful stone floral and Arabic carvings on its exterior walls, this building unfortunately was pulled down in the 1980's. Two other rooms next to the mosque were used as a Medresse (high school), the Ottomans also built a girls school in the late 16th century this building is still standing and is Kaleburnu Spor Kulubu, unfortunately the Ottoman arabic inscription above its door has been removed. Kaleburnu also had three ancient churches and also a monastery on the outskirts of the village. These ancient churches were pulled down in the 1950's, one of these churches was situated were Azmi Mullahmet lives, the other church was opposite the new school complex were Huseyin Kulucan has a house, and the other large church is were the present Hoja lives next door to Abdullah Goliyari's house. The famous ancient monastery was that of Ayia Annana and was located near to the famous Castro caves of the village. this ancient monastery was still functioning up until 1958 and nearby Greek Christians would travel to the village to Celebrate Easter mass and also celebrate the festival of panagia (birth of the virgin Mary) the monastery was also destroyed in the 1950's and today nothing unfortunately remains of this ancient building. Around Ayia Annana are natural wells up until 1960 the villagers would come here to fill their vessels and clay pots with water, it is an interesting fact that these wells served as the main water resources for the village for some 400 years. The first piped water from yesilkoy was brought to the village by the British administration in 1958-1960 and in several places in the village the fountains built by the British can be seen.