Throughout the 11th and 12th centuries the Kings of Fermanagh (Fhear Manach or Fear Manach in Irish) O'hEignigh, O'Maolruanaidh and O'Dubhdara were drawn from the Kingdom of Airghialla, Other names include Oirghiall, Oriel, Airgéill and Uriel. The oldest and more correct form is Airghialla denoting both the territory and the name used to describe the inhabitants of the territory. This is stated in the early genealogies to go back to one of the Three Collas. The Ó hEignigh and Maolruanaidh septs were noted as kings of Fermanagh until becoming tributary to the Maguires (Meicc h-Uidir) around 1202.
Source: Wikipedia, Kings of Fermanach
The annals cite:
- For 1009, Cathal, mac Duibh Dara, tigherna Fer Manach, died.
- For 1053, Niall h-úa Écnigh, rí Fer Manach, was slain.
- For 1053/57, Domhnall mac Maol Ruanaidh, tigherna Fer Manach (Fir Mhanach).
- For 1076, Giolla Chríosd ua Duibh Dara, tigherna Fer Manach.
- For 1095, Ua h-Eiccnigh, tigherna Fer Manach, was slain.
- For 1118, Laidhgnén Ua Duibh Dara, tigherna Fer Manach.
- For 1126, H. Mael Ruanaigh ri Fer Manach,
- For 1127, Gilla Crist ua h-Eicnigh ri Fear Manach & airdrigh Airgiall.
- For 1128, Faelan Ua n-Duibh Dhara righ Fer Manach.
List of Kings
- Donn (1264-1303)
- Flaithbheartach (1303-1324)
- Rory (1324-1332)
- Aedh I (1332-1363)
- Philip of the Battle-Axes (1363-1395)
- Thomas I (1395-1430)
- Thomas II the Young (1430-1471)
- Eamonn (1471-1488)
- Sean I (1488-1503)
- Conor I (1503-1527)
- Cuchonnacht I (1527-1538)
- Gilpatrick the White (1538-1540)
- Sean II (1540-1566)
- Cuchonnacht II (1566-1589)
- Aedh II (1589-1600)
- Cuchonnacht III (1600-1609)
- Conor II (died 1625)
To England from 1609