Scope of Project
To build a single, validated and documented shared family tree for the Lawson family, from earlier origins to near modern times.
- For more information about Geni Projects, see the Geni Wiki Projects Page.
- If you would like to contribute to this page, please contact the Project Manager or one of the Project Collaborators. Click here for instructions about using Wiki markup language.
We will include some or all of the Wikipedia disambiguation page categories: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawson
Lawson may refer to:
- Lawson (album)|Lawson, an album by John Schumann and the Vagabond Crew of Henry Lawson's poetry put to music.
- Lawson Mountain Range, in the Blue Mountains (Australia)|Blue Mountains in New South Wales; named after Cole Lawson
- Lawson, New South Wales, a town in the Blue Mountains
- Lawson, Australian Capital Territory, a suburb of Canberra
- Lawson Island, Nunavut
- Lawson, Colorado
- Lawson, Missouri
- Lawson, Mesquite, Texas
- Lawson (name), people with Lawson as surname or given name
We will work forward from here:
The Geni Master Profile
- See http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Naming_Conventions for notes on historical periods that may be within scope but not covered below.
Make sure the name fields of the Master Profiles include first name, middle name, last name, maiden name if known, otherwise blank, suffix for Sr., Jr., etc. In the display name field only add titles such as Gov. or Dr. preceding.
FN Reuben MN (blank) LN Coffin MN (blank) Display name is Captain Reuben Coffin
The United States did not exist until 1789 and the United Kingdom was formed in 1707. Please be careful about using autocomplete. It is better to use the "place" field and type out the place name. Use place names such as England and Massachusetts and spell out the country name with historical accuracy.
Colonial America: Nantucket, Massachusetts After 1789: Nantucket, Massachusetts, United States
It makes it easier to read a profile if the "about me" information is filled out in this fashion:
- (vitals, summary)
- example profile: Stephen Hopkins, "Mayflower" Passenger
- Future releases of the Geni Project module will create a dynamic library of downloadable media for profiles associated with the Project.
-- The media tab of the MP should be used for documentation files. Websites, biographies, census reports, image files -- the richer we make the profile, the more historically and genealogically accurate and meaningful it will be.
-- Adding a source validates the MP, and creates a "timeline" for each life represented by a profile. The more information we add, the more detailed and accurate.
-- Original source data includes: birth certificates, census reports, immigration records, ship rosters, obituaries, marriage licenses ....
- For more about sources, please see http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Sources''
- Citation data (MLA format is good) should be noted for each source. If someone else can't replicate research, it's not acceptable.
- Instant citation makers on line:
(Please insert in alphabetical order by last name of author, and provide URL link if available online)