This project merges duplicate profiles to result in one single clean family tree; traces, connects, verifies and documents the intertwined early New England families of Nichols, Sawyer and Converse. Collaborators, especially others who descend from those families as we do, are more than welcome. Send cousins Myrna or Erica a message and we will gladly join you up. There is much to be discovered.
The geni tree will represent verified and authenticated fact to the best of our collective and collaborative ability yet show a tolerance, in discussions, for presenting cases and theories.
- Converse, Charles Allen. Some of the Ancestors And Descendants of Samuel Converse, Jr.: of Thompson Parish, Killingly, Conn.; Major James Convers, of Woburn, Mass.; Hon. Heman Allen, M. C., of Milton And Burlington, Vermont; Captain Jonathan Bixby, Sr. of Killingly, Conn. Boston, Mass.: E. Putnam, 1905.
- Cutter, William R. Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts. New York: Lewis historical Pub. Co, 1908.
- Potter, Charles E. Genealogies of Some Old Families of Concord, Mass. and Their Descendants in Part to the Present Generation. Boston, Mass: A. Mudge & Son, 1887.
- THE CONVERSE FAMILY as it was preserved in the following publication: Genealogical and Family History of the State of Vermont: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of a Commonwealth and the Founding of a Nation. Carleton, ed. New York & Chicago: Lewis, 1903, pp 539-554.
- Converse Family Genealogy Forum
For consistency, please make sure the name fields of Master Profiles are first name, middle name, last name, maiden name if known, otherwise blank. In the display name field only add any title such as Gov. or Dr. preceding.
FN Samuel MN (blank) LN Fuller MN (blank) Display name is Dr. Samuel Fuller
The USA (United States) did not exist ca. 1620, nor did the UK (United Kingdom). For consistency, please use the place names of England and the name of the state / colony spelled out, not abbreviated, such as Massachusetts.
We start the Project with these profiles:
Birth: November 24, 1660 Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts Death: November 10, 1756 (95) Lancaster, Worcester, Massachusetts
Birth: October 30, 1767 Lancaster, Worcester, MA, USA Death: 1860 (93) OH, USA