Norfolk - Main Page
Histopric County of England.
- Administrative centre Norwich
- County Flower - Common Poppy
- People from Norfolk are called - Nor-folk ?
Norfolk is a non-metroplitan county in the east of England. It is bordered by Lincolnshire to the west; Cambridgeshire to the west and south west and Suffolk to the south. The Wash borders the north west of the county and the North Sea is to the north and east. Norfolk is the fifth largest Ceremonial County in England. With a population of 850 000 and an area of 5 371km2 it has a population density of 155 people per square kilometre.
The city of Norwich is the county town where the Norfolk County Council is based.
Divisions and environments
The area under the control of the county council, or shire county, is divided into a number of local government districts or boroughs which are:
- South Norfolk District
- Great Yarmouth Borough
- Broadland District
- North Norfolk District
- King's Lynn and West Nofolk Borough
- Breckland District
Cities and Towns by population size: (2001 census)
- Norwich - 259,100
- Great Yarmouth - 71,700
- King's Lynn - 43,100
- Thetford - 21,588
- Dereham - 15,659
- Wymondham - 12,539
Feel free to follow, request to collaborate
To join the project use the request link under "actions" at the top right of the page.
Geni Wikitext, Unicode and images which gives a great deal of assistance.
See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!
How to Participate
- If you have any queries please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right).
- Please add related projects to the menu on the right.
- If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page.
- Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you.
- http://www.origins.org.uk/genuki/NFK/ Genuki: Norfolk
- http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~genmaps/genfiles/COU_Pages/ENG_pages/nfk.htm Genmaps: Norfolk
- http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Norfolk/ Roll of Honour - Norfolk
- Norfolk Place names https://www.flickr.com/photos/fishcatcher/albums/72157627277132476