The first, an Englishman, Colonel Thomas Williams, was granted 1,000 acres of Crown land bordering the Martha Brae River. In 1744, Colonel Williams built his first house, a modest structure whose ruins can be found in the garden beside the lunch patio.
Elizabeth, nee Williams (1754-1826), was the daughter of Colonel Thomas Williams, Good Hope, Trelawny. Thomas Williams was a partner of John Blagrove of Cardiff Hall and well as proprietor of his own estates.
Settled in 1774 by Colonel Thomas Williams Jr., Good Hope began as a sugar estate and grew to a village to support the workers after Emancipation. In the eighteenth century the Good Hope Estate belonged to John Tharpe, then the largest lanand slave owner in Jamaica.
thomas williams lower expectations
wallen william http://minerdescent.com/2010/08/06/robert-williams/ .
Josiah P. Williams, a planter of Rapides parish, and resided near Alexandria, on Red river, till 1869,
Trinidad and Tobago