Does my profile deserve to be a Master Profile (MP)?

Started by Private User on Sunday, November 9, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
11/9/2014 at 10:40 AM

Ask Curators for assistance regarding having your profile MPed...

Private User
11/9/2014 at 10:43 PM

Can you explain why I may need to have my profile MPed?

Private User
11/9/2014 at 10:58 PM

Charmaine I've cheated and copied and pasted this from http://www.geni.com/projects/South-Africa-Profile-Guidelines/16231

A Master Profile is the standard, most comprehensive and accurate profile for a given person. Other profiles for the same person are secondary and should eventually be merged into the Master Profile.

Curators have the ability to designate profiles as Master Profiles. You may request a Curator MP your profiles in the following circumstances:

Types of Master Profiles.

Historically significant people. Famous living people may require a duplicate public profile of the private one.
Well sourced profiles where the researched data fields need to be protected. In this instance fields may be locked.
Profiles that are at high risk of being mis-merged (including duplications due to adoption).
Where fields are locked, an explanatory Curator note will be added.

Locked fields should be filled in correctly according to Geni & SA Profile Guidelines.

If you would like to edit a locked field, please contact the Curator of the profile.

Defer to the Master Profile in Data Conflict Resolutions.

For more info on MPs please see: http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Master_Profile

Private User
11/9/2014 at 11:02 PM

Thanks, I understand this much better now.

Private User
8/1/2018 at 12:36 PM

At the moment I don't have any requests, but in time very likely I will move some the request into this discussion :)

Also this is the place to ask it in Afrikaans.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion