Level Two: Understanding God

Started by Ailene Nechelle House on Monday, August 3, 2015
8/3/2015 at 2:52 PM

In understanding God, man obtains intimacy i.e. psychological bonding. A person may only understand the ways of God through the Spirit of God. The purpose of the scriptures and the search of man is the pursuit of understanding the character of God i.e. intimacy with God. Contrary to popular perception, an understanding of self makes it possible to develop an understanding of God.

Man knows (understands) God through the knowledge and adoption of His character. It’s not by mere adherence to religious rites, performance of good works, or denominational affiliation. The more an individual knows and adopts the character of God there’s realization that one’s life is hide in Christ. In other words, when derogatory words and actions or deceptive manipulations become personal attacks, there may be hurt, even disappointment but no damaging impact. What would negatively affect another person’s self-esteem or self-worth does not affect a person who is hid in Christ. Furthermore, one realize the personal attacks are not against self but against God. Many times adversarial people do not realize who they are fighting when they act against a man or woman full of understanding of God. God is Jehovah-Nissi and reveals true identity. God is Jehovah-Sabaoth and the battle belongs unto the Lord God. Through suffering an individual learns about God.

In understanding God, man knows the identity of Jesus i.e. what is Jesus. Confidence is derived not from knowing what God will or will not do, but rather what He is able to do. Knowing God is able to ‘do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think’ is faith. As man obtains intimacy with God, there’s greater discernment concerning the ways of God. When a person understands God you realize there’s a three step process to understanding the ways of God: Spoken Word, Action, and Manifestation. Throughout the scriptures, there are examples showing the process whereby God speaks…God moves…God manifests.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion