MHOTANI, MANGWENDE - MHOTANI MANGWENDE????

Started by Moses Tafadzwa Tafadzwa Mrewa on Monday, January 29, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
1/29/2018 at 11:42 PM

The Nhowe Dynasty as established by Sakubvunza around late 1500 and early 1600. Mhotani ruled upto around 1857 and was succeeded by Hundungu. All Hundungu's predecessors ruled using family names. It was during Hundungu's time that the name Mangwende surfaced. It would therefore be an insult to address his predecessors as Mangwende. We cannot therefore address Mhotani as Mhotani Mangwende.

4/8/2020 at 4:28 AM

Agreed. Mhotani ruled as Mhotani. I addition, please note that although some members of the Nhowe Clan ended up using "Mangwende" as a surname, it was never meant to be used as a surname but as our Chieftaincy title once one is appoint chief.

4/8/2020 at 4:30 AM

@Mhotani. Mhotani ruled as Mhotani. I addition, please note that although some members of the Nhowe Clan ended up using "Mangwende" as a surname, it was never meant to be used as a surname but as our Chieftaincy title once one is appoint chief.

4/8/2020 at 4:35 AM

@Mhotani. Mhotani ruled as Mhotani. I addition, please note that although some members of the Nhowe Clan ended up using "Mangwende" as a surname, it was never meant to be used as a surname but as our Chieftaincy title once one is appoint chief.

@Sakubvunza. Sakubvunza ruled from 1606 to 1631.

9/18/2020 at 10:08 AM

Mhotani is not related to or associated with the Mrewa family. it is therefore requested that the author removes these anomalies as they will be embarassed when the truth is said.

9/18/2020 at 11:14 AM

Not related to Mrewa

9/28/2021 at 3:53 AM

Moses Tafadzwa Mrewa

9/28/2021 at 4:04 AM

Thank you Gono for your comments. Let me state from the onset that my wish is come up with an authentic family tree, therefore all comments and or contributions that will help me achieve this are more than welcome. I have since got some information that persuaded me to correct the tree beyond my Grandfather Chitengu James Murehwa back to the migration from Mt Darwin. I would love share and discuss this with you. My email address is:

manningmmt@gmail.com

9/28/2021 at 4:06 AM

@Moses Tafadzwa Mrewa

9/28/2021 at 4:10 AM

In short, it all starts four brothers:
- Masembura
- Dandara Mrewa
- Gatsi
- Tandi

Dandara Murehwa father to
- Katerere Gombwe
Katerere father to