Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni Pro
Showing all 4 posts
Private User
6/5/2018 at 12:24 PM

My ex husband, Johanne Jacobus Hough, born 19710417 in Jhb South Africa (as far as I understand), was adopted by people with the surname of Heyns. According to them, there are 5 children in all & all were dropped/dumped at an orphanage in the 70s. His sister & only sisters name is Amelia, she was adopted by the sister of my ex's adopted father. There are 3 brothers missing, maybe more, not sure. They both kept their surnames, being Jannie & Amelia Hough. They have not had success finding the brothers or parents. I cannot recall the orphanage they were put in either.
Apparantly, the parents were both alcoholics & couldn't afford to look after the children. Anyone with information, would be greatful. Please take note that I am merely telling the story as I was told, so forgive me if any may be untrue.

7/26/2019 at 9:45 AM

Hello Rizanne,

Sorry just seen your message now.

I can't be of any help. We know of now adoptions on our side of the family. Try other unrelated branches of Houghs. Where do you live?

Private User
4/18/2020 at 4:42 PM

I am in the Norther Cape but he is in Gauteng, Pretoria or Nigel or between the 2 rather. His adoptive parents I have their details though. email address is rozannehough@gmail.com if need be. thanks a mil

8/1/2020 at 9:03 AM

Hello Rozanne,
Hope you are well.
I have a PRO membership now (for a year) so I can do merges now. I notice that there are a few Johannes Jacobus Houghs. Several are private. If you request me to be a collaborator, your managed profiles will be open to me and I can try to assist you with your search.
All the best
Jan
PS Interested why you are looking for details on your ex's details. Is it merely to get a more complete family history on Geni?

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion