Looking for decendants of and any other information on Shemual Yonah and Sarah Who lived in Jerusalem in the circa 1850's - 1880's

Started by Avi Brickner on Thursday, July 26, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 22 posts
7/26/2018 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

I am looking for more information (descendants, ancestors, and any other info) on Shemuel Yonah (a Levite) and Sarah (no last names listed) (my great great grandparents) who were born in Jerusalem circa 1850.

I found them in the 1875 Montefiore census - Kolel - Samit-Courland; there were 3 children listed: Ester, Rivka (my great grandmother) and Avraham.
I am pretty sure that Ester died, unmarried, in 1890 and is buried on Mount of Olives and I have found her grave. On her grave the last name is Segal (סגל).

My Great Grandmother, Rivka, married Aryeh Leb Solomon (who was born in Vawkavysk, Belarus - he came to Israel either alone or previously married - I do not know) around 1889 and they lived in Jerusalem. They had several children and then Aryeh ran into problems with the locals and his father-in-law convinced him to leave and go the the US (C 1896-1897). Aryeh supposedly fought (or at least enlisted in the US Army) in the Spanish American War and thus gained his US citizenship. He returned to Jerusalem sometime after (1899-1900) Again, the locals remembered Aryeh and threatened him. His father-in-law told him to take his wife and kids to the US since he is now a citizen. They emigrated to the US in 1902. Once in the US, I was able to find many documents which listed Rivka's maiden name as Levi (Levy) and on one as Segal.

Any help in finding more information on Shemuel Yonah and Sarah and their families (besides what I know about Rivka), (ie. did the have any other children? ; What happened to Abraham ?; Who their ancestors were? ; Where are they buried?) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for reading this and any suggestions.

Avi Brickner
Jerusalem

7/26/2018 at 8:43 AM

hi,
I just inquired about the kozker rebbe -Morgenstern family-I am direct descendant I tried to check if there was a connection between you and me but you set the profile as a private profile, so I can not checkt
sorry

7/27/2018 at 2:09 AM

Hi Haim,

It doesn't look like we're related...my father was born in London, his father was a kosher butcher from somewhere in Russia. The name was Feldman, which my father, for some reason changed to Fieldman when he emigrated from England to Canada.

My mother was from Toronto and her parents were originally from somewhere in Poland.

That's about all I know. Best of luck in your search.

7/27/2018 at 2:34 AM

Hi,

I made some setting changes and hopefully you can see my profile now.

Let me know if you can now see it.

Avi Brickner

7/27/2018 at 3:30 AM

hi,
It doesn't look like we're related.
best regard
haim

7/27/2018 at 3:37 AM

hi michael,
There is closeness, but it is very very far away:
Michael Fiel
dman is your first cousin thrice removed's wife's nephew's wife's great uncle's wife's fourth great nephew's wife's aunt's ex-husband.
best regard

7/28/2018 at 1:40 AM

hahahahahaha, zai gezunt

Private User
8/5/2018 at 8:54 AM

я бы хотела знать зачем это мне все посылается..

8/5/2018 at 9:34 AM

hello avi,
There are 100,000 names on my site. Unfortunately, when I checked your name and the name of your great-grandfather, I found no connection between us.This is a little strange, because when you have such a large pool of relatives, I usually find information, even if it's distant relatives, but I have not found any family ties with you, I'm sorry
If you want I can give you a name of investigating families who do it for free
best regard
haim

Private User
8/6/2018 at 6:42 AM

я разыскиваю детей ШИМОН БЕККЕР ИАНИЛЕЯ БЕККЕР ЭТО РОДНОЙ БРАТ МОЕЙ БАБУШКИ ТРАХТМАН ГОЛДА, И ДЯДЯ ХИНА ДИМАНТ РОЖДЕННАЯ ЛИПКАНЫ МОЛДАВИЯ,
Я ПРОЖИВАЮ В ИЗРАИЛЕ ШЕНА ДОЧЬ ХИНА ТРАХТМАН ДИМАНТ

Private User
8/6/2018 at 5:51 PM

GOOGLE TRANSLATION FROM GENIA SHENA DIMANT RUSSIAN TEXTף

I'm looking for children SHIMON BEKKER IANEYLEY BEKKER IS THE MOTHER BROTHER OF MY GIRL TRAKHTMAN GOLD, AND ANYONE HINA DIMANT BIRTHDAY LIPKANS MOLDOVA,
I LIVE IN ISRAEL SHENA DAUGH CHINA TRAHTMAN DIMANT

or

190/5000
ya razyskivayu detey SHIMON BEKKER IANILEYA BEKKER ETO RODNOY BRAT MOYEY BABUSHKI TRAKHTMAN GOLDA, I DYADYA KHINA DIMANT ROZHDENNAYA LIPKANY MOLDAVIYA,
YA PROZHIVAYU V IZRAILE SHENA DOCH' KHINA TRAKHTMAN DIMANT

OR:
אני מחפשת ילדים שמעון בקר אינילי בקר היא אחיה של הנערה שלי טרכטמן גולד, ולכל אחד חינה דימנט יום הולדת ליפקנס מולדובה,
אני חי בארץ ישראל שדנה סין טראחמן דימנט

8/6/2018 at 8:54 PM

בלה היקרה,
גם אני ניסיתי לתרגם,לא ממש הצלחתי,בכל אופן לפי עץ המשפחה שלי,לא מצאתי קצה חוט לעזור לו,והוא אינו נמנה עם משפחתנו,וכתבתי לו את זה.תבדקי עם העץ שלך,אבל משום שאנו קרובי משפחה,אני מטיל ספק רב אם תוכלי לעזור לו

8/7/2018 at 1:45 AM

Why are you sending me information about people who don't have any connection to me?'

8/7/2018 at 2:43 AM

Nava, it's because we are all linked to the Geni-Israel ג'ני-ישראל Project...

Private User
8/12/2018 at 6:43 AM

We are descended from Rosenbloth’s, could be related. Will dig.
All the best from Ramat Beit Shemesh.

8/12/2018 at 7:12 AM

sally,
according jeni::

Sally diane Henning is your fourth cousin once removed's husband's first cousin's wife's second great aunt's husband's great niece.

Private User
8/13/2018 at 2:51 AM

Happy to know that. BHS.

8/13/2018 at 4:47 AM

sally,
What do you mean BHS?

Private User
8/15/2018 at 3:40 AM

Baruch HaShem. Thanks for asking.

Private User
8/15/2018 at 3:42 AM

It is a beautiful thing to connect our mishpacha.

8/15/2018 at 4:08 AM

Maybe we should set up a group both on Facebook and in whatsapp

8/15/2018 at 4:12 AM

I spoke this morning with the assistant of the Admor of Gur, who is my cousin rank 3, and he confessed to me what I already knew, the roots of our family from kozker rebbe,HAARI AKADOSH,rashi to king david

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion