Beyoncé Knowles - Wrote about heritage

Started by Private User on Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by Wikimedia Commons user Rocbeyonce. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beyonce_-_The_Formation_World_Tour,_at_Wembley_Stadium_in_London,_England.jpg
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
8/7/2018 at 1:19 AM

In the September 2018 issue of "Vogue," https://www.geni.com/people/Beyoncé-Knowles/6000000007543975282 writes about her heritage and how it impacts her:

>>>> I come from a lineage of broken male-female relationships, abuse of power, and mistrust. Only when I saw that clearly was I able to resolve those conflicts in my own relationship. Connecting to the past and knowing our history makes us both bruised and beautiful.

>>>> I researched my ancestry recently and learned that I come from a slave owner who fell in love with and married a slave. I had to process that revelation over time. I questioned what it meant and tried to put it into perspective. I now believe it’s why God blessed me with my twins. Male and female energy was able to coexist and grow in my blood for the first time. I pray that I am able to break the generational curses in my family and that my children will have less complicated lives.

It's great to see that she's researching and connecting with her family history. It's strange but delightful to think of such a mega-star sitting at her computer, Googling away like the rest of us do. :)

I wonder if we can climb her tree and see if we can find the relationship she references? It could apply to a couple of her Bahamian Knowles ancestors, but I haven't located her specific connecting ancestor yet for that line...I wonder if someone on another site has?

(Her full written piece is at https://www.vogue.com/article/beyonce-september-issue-2018/amp and I'll upload it as a doc since it's relevant to her genealogy and her relationship with it.)

8/7/2018 at 3:28 AM

At the end,...we are all cousins..!!

I am as follow (blood) related to you three.
1. Ashley 20th Cousin twice removed.
2. Titin 20th Cousin. It is strange that our relationship doesn't include some Boere who after the Anglo/Boer war (1899/1902) emigrated to Argentina.
3. Stephanie 20th cousin once removed.
The bloodline includes more or less the same royals in each case.

3/29/2022 at 12:01 PM

Beyoncé is my 20th cousin.
You
→ David Ronald Davis
your father → Elizabeth Jane Davis
his mother → Elsie Vernor Horn
her mother → William Ambrose Redding
her father → William Alfred Redding
his father → Delphia Brown
his mother → William A. Brown
her father → William Brown, of Prince William
his father → William Browne, of Westmoreland
his father → Capt. Originall Browne
his father → Richard Browne of Virginia
his father → Orignall Brown, "the immigrant"
his father → Richard Browne
his father → John Browne
his father → Anne Browne
his mother → Helen Tudor
her mother → Jasper Tudor
her father → Sir Owen Tudor
his father → Maredudd ap Tudur
his father → Margred verch Thomas
his mother → Ellen verch Thomas
her sister → Lowri verch Gruffudd Fychan
her daughter → Elen Puleston
her daughter → Gwenhwyfar verch Gronwy
her daughter → Gruffudd ap John
her son → Owain ap Gruffudd
his son → Richard Owen, I
his son → Richard Owen, II
his son → Robert Owen
his son → Bartholomew Owen
his son → Katherine Proctor
his daughter → Nicholas Proctor
her son → Elizabeth Andrews / Andrus (Proctor)
his daughter → Benjamin Henry Andrews
her son → Susana Andrews
his daughter → Joseph Lacey
her son → Celestine Josephine Broussard
his daughter → Odelia Derouen
her daughter → Agnèz Beyincé
her daughter → Tina Knowles
her daughter → Beyoncé
her daughter

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion