Thomas Pitt of Blandford - Family of Thomas Pitt of Blanford

Started by Erica Howton on Monday, May 20, 2019
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 14 posts
5/20/2019 at 2:37 PM

As I understand it so far, his wife is reported on the old Ancestral File as Priscilla Searle, however more recent studies from primary sources have her as the wife of a different Thomas Pitt - this one: Rector Thomas Pitt. As far as I know, it’s a research item to identify wife of Thomas Pitt ; I’ve added notes to profile.

Tagging also: Priscilla Pitt

5/20/2019 at 2:39 PM

Tagging Cynthia Curtis , A183502, US7875087, Tree builder

Thomas Pitt of Blandford & his wife are the known ancestor of immigrants to America, not Priscilla Searle and her husband.

dON'T KNOW THEM. gENI SAYS i AM RELATED.
Just throwing HIM in there if you are MP'ing the ancillaries

5/20/2019 at 2:54 PM

Not sure it’s needed. It’s his wife that has gotten mixed up, not him. I use the MP tool for disambiguation as a priority.

http://www.familycentral.net/index/family.cfm?ref1=6112:7145&re... has:

Maude Pyke was born at St. Nicholas, Bristol, Gloucester, England 19 May 1549 daughter of Walter Pyke and Catherine . Maude Pyke died May 1610 at St. Thomas, Bristol, Gloucester, England .

This Thomas Pitt would have had an earlier wife also who had been a widow with children from a previous marriage named in his will as “daughters in law” (step daughters).

Erica Howton SOME use it when there are so many managers and to avoid confusion. I look at it as a goal and an honor..having lines cut not so much lol but I appreciate having extra eyes on them...
I suppose we all have our rationale...logic. I am sentimental but I put that DNA to the test when I can...anything outside of 10 generations I don't weigh in unless I have done the research myself....SOME of my lines I KNOW like the back of my hand
To me, it makes sense to MP him since you have touched him several times and know who is his at this juncture.

"Need" is an interesting way to put it, so I thank you for sharing your perspective. Truly.

5/20/2019 at 4:23 PM

I am “looking after” so many profiles, I’d really rather other curators take the opportunity, if they feel comfortable. Of course I “jump in” when there are “common errors” and easily-mixed up (particularly when I end up fixing them).

Poor wording....I do not mean to say a curator is a safe keeper.
I find stuff all the time and am just a hobbyist. I feel a sense of responsibility and ownership...I FOLLOW the profiles I am watching--related or otherwise.
Semantics.

I just want the DNA to match up. Curators are unique to Geni. So I hang out here more than other places (genealogically speaking)...I like having a nice picture and completed fields. I like MANY managers watching and most curators do seem to want to help.

Will revisit these folks...

Thank you as always.

5/20/2019 at 5:54 PM

“safe keeper” is, in my mind, part of the curating role, so it’s good semantics. :)

I hope we all jump in and get these profiles as complete and well documented as we can.

Thank you

Private User
5/20/2019 at 8:02 PM

Cynthia Curtis , A183502, US7875087, Tree builder please include another please in general if you have knowledge about figure and can answer questions about that profile please be a co manager of it. Ofcourse the other way around is also true. If you can not answer questions about that profile, please remove yourself as a manager.

Private User
Thank you.
Agreed. Many profiles I have added, I am in search of someone to take them over. I have seen people remove themselves but I have not discovered yet HOW to remove myself from the ones I do not wish to be on.

5/21/2019 at 11:32 AM

Profile view > options > manager options > relinquish management.

I face this point on some of the bridge or repair profiles I’ve made, but the easier solution is always to add a reference when I add a profile.

Showing all 14 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion