Alsey Martin (Gill) - All of us in Mississippi have always known where Alsey Martin (Gill) came from.

Started by Suzan Martin on Thursday, September 17, 2020
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
9/17/2020 at 1:14 PM

If not for a surileous woman and someone assisting her years ago with a DAR application, we wouldn't be here today - but I've located cousins now with Family Bibles from the Walker lineage that came to Pike County- so hopefully they know another cousin with The Family Bible- That and with The Baptist Church meeting notesrecords that go back to the early 1819s we may be able to solve Alsey Gill with a proper paper trail and not hearsay.
Suzan Martin

Henry Victor Martin, II
your father

Henry Victor Martin, I
his father

William Lafayette Martin
his father

Hamilton Beecher Martin
his father

Alsey Martin (Gill)
his mother

John Gill, Jr.
her husband

Mary Hart
his sister

James Hart
her son

James "Matt" Madison Hart
his son

Elizabeth Hart
his wife

Ann "Annie" Reeves
her mother

Maj. Nathaniel Wells
her father

Sarah Rhoda Wells
his wife

John Walker
her father

Show short path | Share this path

9/17/2020 at 1:16 PM

my spell check went a bit crazy up at the beginning- I was on John Walker's profile updating info from Luke Connerly's Pike County Book and saw the connection-

9/17/2020 at 1:22 PM

John Walker

This man caught my interest as I was reading the book because I have a John Walker from Virginia in my maternal lineage., but off my Lancaster lineage.

9/17/2020 at 1:30 PM

+Spurious typo, she may have been surly I don't know, can't judge her. I'm sure she was a very nice lady doing her best at that time, with a difficult lineage, she had another person assisting, it may have been him, that decided to marry Alsey and Mr. Gill with a 54yr difference in age lol.... and no computers at the time

9/17/2020 at 1:31 PM

The point is, this is our grandmother and aunt to some of us.... we want this clarified.

2/26/2023 at 9:52 PM

His Find-a-Grave page states he didn't have a middle name and that his parents are unproven:

John was born in King William County, Virginia
Supposedly his parents were John Benjamin Walker and Sarah Fleete but it is questionable.

John did not have a middle name. Some trees on ancestry.com have Jeremiah and some say Marion.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/13620727/john-walker

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion