Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 46 posts
7/28/2021 at 12:51 AM

Bianca Buitendag & Tatjana Schoenmaker - silver medalists

André Charles Stander bank robber

Jaobus Petrus Geldenhuys "the Norwood Serial Killer"

Newly added famous profiles. Please help research their families. Feel free to Request Management on them.

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 1:10 AM

Maybe need separate Infamous South Africans project ?

7/28/2021 at 2:03 AM

Lol. Too much work :-)

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 3:39 AM

Anthony( Tony) Wessels and Juan Havenga .

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 3:43 AM

Henri van Breda lived right next door to Andrew's cousin Robert Knight in De Zalze

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 3:45 AM

What about Daisy de Melker ?

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 3:51 AM

See you added her long ago.

7/28/2021 at 3:52 AM

My step aunt? Daisy Louisa de Melker She's there under convicted criminals.

7/28/2021 at 4:06 AM

Here you go: Henri van Breda

Please add him into the text

Private
7/28/2021 at 5:16 AM

Daisy de Melker's estate file is in the Pretoria Archives. I had he opportunity to go through it years ago and also took photos of it.

Very scary.☺

J

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 5:52 AM

Suddenly thought what if her descendants object to her profile being here on GENi ?
Can Sharon as a relative add her profile to GENI ?
Whom are allowed to add her profile ?
As public figures in court and the press may we then add these individuals but not their relatives or descendants ?

People involved in battles and with profiles public on wikipedia and elsewhere how much may we add to GENI ?

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 5:54 AM

Do I have the right to share my own relative's murder here on GENI ?

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 5:59 AM

If the court proceedings are public with adults then surely the person may have a profile here on GENI but spouses , parents , children ?
That would apply basically to everyone on GENI .
If the death notice with names of children and spouses are public can they all then appear on GENI ?
Is making their profiles private on GENI enough ?

J P Weyers
7/28/2021 at 6:01 AM

-----on profiles ; cause of death and even gravestones ? How private is that ?
Suicide in Valkenburg !!
May I add to profile and to a project on GENI ' SUICIDES ' ' or 'DEATH BY SUICIDE ' if it is on the public death notification ?

7/28/2021 at 7:56 AM

On the point of my 'Aunty' Daisy. (Her dining room table was a much coveted item in our family - that my real Aunt had and offered to me, but it finally sold at Sothebys for more money than it was worth :-) All her data is publicly available on the internet - I cannot see how I or closer relatives than me could have that wiped?

7/28/2021 at 7:56 AM

For the rest, Phillip, I don't know :-/

7/29/2021 at 1:52 AM

On Daisy's profile it says: "living in Germiston" which is not correct. She lived near the Turffontein racecourse. My great grandparents had horse training & stables near there & knew of her & we could never pass her old house without my grandmother reminding me - that is where Daisy lived. It was a creepy house to me ....

J P Weyers
7/29/2021 at 2:25 AM

Remember that.
A grt Aunt of my lived right next to Turffontein race course her husband was a trainer.
She used to scare us about Daisy's house but we never knew the exact house.
Probably gorgeous Victorian house !

J P Weyers
7/29/2021 at 2:28 AM

See -- last murder she was living in Germiston .

J P Weyers
7/29/2021 at 2:46 AM

Number 22 Tully street , Turffontein .

J P Weyers
7/29/2021 at 2:49 AM

That brings me to :
Arsenic in Malaria treatment

Even today still used !
Did Daisy then never intend to kill her son but to treat his Cerebral Malaria ?

J P Weyers
7/29/2021 at 2:55 AM

A very quaint house !
All painted white a single gable..for sale at the moment

J P Weyers
7/29/2021 at 2:58 AM

A serial killer ?
Daisy only charged and convicted of one murder.
So legend and myth "fake news " spread.

Private
7/29/2021 at 3:49 AM

I photographed her estate, Read through it in total. But as for the court case information it is not allowed to be photographed.

That is all I have to say. As far as I could remember there were husbands, in plural form , murdered as for the children I can't remember.

Judi

7/29/2021 at 3:52 AM

Isn't Turffontein in Germiston?

7/29/2021 at 3:55 AM

A serial killer ?Daisy only charged and convicted of one murder.So legend and myth "fake news " spread.

They just didn't bother to dig up and prosecute for the other husbands, if I recall - since you can only hang someone once.

She profited from the life insurance payments.

Also, a friend of the son's who shared his lunch got very ill too, and wasn't malaria.

7/29/2021 at 3:59 AM

In March 1909, about eighteen months after the death of Bert Fuller (her fiancee from whom she inherited - and, I theorise, the natural death that got her enamoured of the attention and money following a death of a relative) , Daisy married William Alfred Cowle, a plumber, in Johannesburg. She was 23 and he was 36. The couple had five children, four of whom died. The first were twins, who died in infancy; their third child died of an abscess on the liver; and the fourth suffered convulsions and bowel trouble and died at the age of 15 months. Their last, and only surviving child, Rhodes Cecil, was born in June 1911.

A surprising number of children to die - when you take into account Rhodes - that's 100% of them - nevermind all the husbands except the one who married my uncle's mother.

7/29/2021 at 4:02 AM

They did dig them up though: The first body to be removed was that of Rhodes Cowle. The corpse was found to be in an unusually good state of preservation, which is characteristic of the presence of arsenic in large quantities.[citation needed] A state forensic pathologist was able to isolate traces of arsenic in the viscera, backbone and hair. Although the bodies of William Cowle and Robert Sproat were largely decomposed, traces of strychnine were found in the vertebrae of each man. Their bones also had a pinkish discoloration, suggesting that the men had taken pink strychnine, which was common at the time.

7/29/2021 at 4:06 AM

I want to see this: https://mg.co.za/article/2006-07-12-driving-ms-daisy/ :-)
Robert Colman’s latest drag performance, "Daisy’s Well Hung"

7/29/2021 at 4:07 AM

He has another one called ""Daisy de Melker swings/sings live" :-)

Showing 1-30 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion