Malcohn II King of scotland confused with Malcolm III King of Scotland

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
1/13/2010 at 8:01 AM

It seems to me that there has been some confusion between the two Malcolms king of Scotland
Malcolm II ( ([954]-Glamis Castle, Angus 25 Nov 1034, bur Isle of Iona)
son of Kenneth II Of Scotland & Unknown
Malcolm III (1031-killed in battle near Alnwick, Northumberland 13 Nov 1093, bur Tynemouth, later transferred to Dunfermline Abbey, Fife, and later still to Escorial, Madrid).
Son of Duncan(s/o Crinan &Bethoc d/o Malcolm II) & Sybilla

Private User
1/13/2010 at 9:00 AM

Terry and others: here are Master profiles for all the three Malcolms:
Malcolm I, king of Scots

Máel Coluim Mac Cináeda, Rí na h'Alba

Malcolm III, 'Canmore', King of Scots

If you merge duplicates into this line, they'll get corrected.

1/13/2010 at 11:18 AM

@Anne, would you want us to continue with the merge process i.e. merge all the Kenneths etc?

wouldnt it so awsome if we could agree to give control of profiles to one person.

Either one family group to one person. these older profiles of kings and queens get to confusing especialy with 500 ppl doing merges.

as paid members we should offer a vote for Geni to give that control for the person that wants it. If that person does not want it after a time it comes up for vote again. If that person does not log in for a 30 day period, it comes up for vote again.

I know this way isnt working.

Terry send me request for control of these profiles, i will give them to you

Private User
1/13/2010 at 12:52 PM

Yes - I strongly support a Curators system, but until we get something like that, I find it a lot better to concentrate on a few areas of the tree, and to be main manager for central profiles in that area - to detect errors quickly, and complete merges etc.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion