Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
8/31/2012 at 6:07 AM

Choose from photos of X
Select a new photo for X
Upload a new photo for X

... are currently pouring into the translation tool and the old garbage e-mails are still piling up. I really don't expect any new resources to be earmarked for the low priority tr8n-tool anymore, but it would at least be a nice gesture from Geni to get around to stop the latest flood of junk sometime in the future.

8/31/2012 at 7:18 AM

Yes, I also think that our focus on the translation of the program should be on the key phrases!

8/31/2012 at 7:47 AM

I'm sure that's also the intention, however my examples above are just simple bugs: as soon as a user hovers over the new blue corner "image handler" on a profile image, an entry of the action is also pushed/logged into the translation tool, including the phrase itself + the name of the targeted profile. Imagine the amount of phrases and clutter this will amount to after a couple of days usage.

8/31/2012 at 11:37 AM

Olav Linno Poëll, we will fix the translation problem as soon as possible.

8/31/2012 at 11:54 AM

Olav Linno Poëll Tobias Rachor (C) Tr8n is a very high priority and we work hard to make good translations.

This issue is now fixed.

8/31/2012 at 12:03 PM

Merci beaucoup, Michelle & Brian. Good to hear!

8/31/2012 at 12:10 PM

Thank you very much!

Let's fin not translated phrases in the Geni program and please let me know how to look good translations as approved translations

Thank you Olav for your contribution!

Regards,
Tobias Rachor

8/31/2012 at 12:10 PM

Thank you very much!

Let's fin not translated phrases in the Geni program and please let me know how to look good translations as approved translations

Thank you Olav for your contribution!

Regards,
Tobias Rachor

8/31/2012 at 1:15 PM

Also, the “Choose File” button in the modal window at — Upload a new photo for {profile} — needs translation capability. (+ the buttons hover state: “No file chosen”).

8/31/2012 at 1:20 PM

Ok, I see that stuff is changing fast here atm, so I'll just turn my commentator genome OFF for a while :)

8/31/2012 at 1:31 PM

Olav Linno Poëll The "Choose File" and "No file chosen" cannot be translated by developers. They will adopt whichever language your browser is currently set to.

8/31/2012 at 1:37 PM

Ok Brian, gotcha.

Private User
9/12/2012 at 2:05 PM

Tobias Rachor (C) - to approve the translation you can simply lock it. But maybe it can only be done by administrator of the language.

9/12/2012 at 2:33 PM

I understand that, but how can I ensure that certain translations are not translated in the wrong context? How can I find out who is the administrator for my language to contact him directly?
I think it's a big problem that some people contribute to translation, whose mother tongue is not German.

9/12/2012 at 2:51 PM

I think the Geni stuff do not have probery uderstrood this problem. I do not know where these nonsensical phrases empty into the translation mashine of Geni, but but I think Geni should stop this way.

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion