Delite profiles.

Started by Private User on Sunday, December 15, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 12 posts
Private User
12/15/2013 at 10:57 AM

Someone on here. I beleive it was Erica, correct me if I am wrong , but someone on here made the statement that you have control of your immiate family profiles and can delite what you want . Well, that's not true. I checked to see ,can not delite, my mother, or father or grandparents or aunts and uncle nor some cousins.I can't delite my x husband.Now I don't want to delite most of those people but my whole x husbands side if the family I would.They are mostly still alive. My living cousins I was trying to remove. Some I could , some i can't. They are not involved in this and really I wanted to remove them.Now of course I don't want to remove my mother and father and grand parents. So It's not true that my personel tree is safe to do with what I want.

Private User
12/15/2013 at 1:18 PM

I know how to delite. it won't let me. Says part of somewone else tree. I am the only manager, so that can not be.

12/15/2013 at 1:40 PM

Judith it likely has nodes (Profiles) attached. For instance, your ex husband is the father of your son, so you cannot delete him unless you delete your son 1st. :). You can however "hide" your ex so there's only a dotted line you won't see.

Private User
12/15/2013 at 1:42 PM

My son isn't listed. Some of the cousin are now gone but some won't delite.

12/15/2013 at 2:02 PM

Judy as the help text said - delete each node from the bottom up. If it won't let you it's because there is a node attached that is dependent on it.

Sorry, about as well as I can explain.

Private User
12/15/2013 at 6:02 PM

I already know this and have tried but it say they are ssome elses and won't let me and asked me if I wanted the delite x not to be visiable.Are they or it crazy? Why would I do that?

12/15/2013 at 10:25 PM

Judy I can't help you further without knowing what profile you mean, and even then I may not be able to assist but I may have an idea why. Your best solution is to send details of your query, so they can locate it, by private message to one of our most technical curators.

Private User
12/16/2013 at 6:28 AM

Since I don't who send it to and I doubt that it will help, all these people will just hang out Geni limbo, forever, with no names any longer attached to them.
I was hoping putting it in as a discusion might draw some knowledgeable people , who might be able to help.But so far it's just been you and me,

Private User
12/16/2013 at 6:29 AM

Oh , and by the way there are at least 10 profiles , giving me the same message.

12/16/2013 at 1:34 PM

Judy as mentioned I could assist more if I knew what profile you are having the difficulties on. I said by private message because I presume you are talking about living persons.

12/16/2013 at 1:37 PM

Hit "send message to profile manager" and add me and Bjørn to the message "to" field. Be sure and say, in that message, what you are trying to do, and why. But this way we can see the profile.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion