Napthali Cohen - What happened to Naftali

Started by Ari Elias-Bachrach on Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
1/7/2015 at 1:13 PM

Naftali was married to Ester and had four children - Albert, Jacob, Julia, and David. He stayed behind in Greece during WWII, and he and three of his children were killed. Only his son Albert survived, and he eventually moved to the USA as well. I know he had at leass two children, but beyond that I don't know anything more.

6/24/2015 at 5:42 PM

I meet Dr. Albert Cohen as a very young child. He came to Brooklyn to visit my family and my Grandmother Sara Cohen Pardo.The story later told to me, when I grew up, was that he was the only survivor of that family. Since he was a physician (psychiatrist) the Germans had use for him and sent Albert to a concentration camp.
He never spoke of his experience in the concentration camp. It was said that his father resisted the Germans with a firearm. That's all I know......

7/9/2015 at 2:03 PM

I also have in my notes that Albert was the only child of Naftali's to survive WWII. It's good to know he made it to the US. I wonder if he is still alive or has descendants.

6/14/2016 at 6:03 PM

My name is Jennifer Kux Morris. I am translating Documents from the Belgian archives from 1938 to do with my father Victor George Kux (see geni.)escaping from Vienna and while in Belgium he is attempting to get visas for his parents to leave Austria. In one official Belgian doc. he is asked if he has any relatives in Belgium. He replies that there is a cousin of his mother (Paula Kux (nee Wild) (daughter of Iganz Wild/Stiassny/Nathan. see geni) named Dr. Albert Cohen who lives in Anvers/Antwerp.
There is no geni page for this Albert Cohen. Does anyone know who he is. Please reply to my email which is rojy@iprimus.com.au. (Australia) as I don't follow geni. tags very well.
Many thanks

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion