Started by Private User on Monday, June 22, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 11 posts
Private User
6/22/2015 at 11:01 PM

Per Dick Eastman (http://blog.eogn.com/2015/06/22/who-do-you-think-you-are-u-k-versio...):

----

The celebrities in the new series will include:

• News reporter Frank Gardner
• Actor and writer Mark Gatiss
• Modelling legend Jerry Hall
• Great British Bake Off presenter Paul Hollywood
• Last Tango In Halifax stars Sir Derek Jacobi and Anne Reid
• Choirmaster and broadcaster Gareth Malone
• Television presenter Anita Ran
• Actress Jane Seymour
• Stage and television actress Frances de la Tour

----

Jerry Hall and Jane Seymour are certainly internationally recognized. They could be Profile of the Day contenders, perhaps.

Private User
6/22/2015 at 11:05 PM

Jane Seymour has a profile -- and what a fascinating ancestry! I had no idea. She should be a fun one. I hope we get to see that episode here in the States.

Private User
6/22/2015 at 11:10 PM

Frances de la Tour has a private profile, if someone would like to request curation -- Private User, Terry Jackson (Switzer), anyone else?

Private User
6/22/2015 at 11:12 PM

Ah! Silly me -- Frances is managed by one of our new curators, Simon Goodman (Limited Availability). Simon, is she someone you can make into an MP?

Private User
6/22/2015 at 11:46 PM

Jerry Hall will be interesting - former wife of Mick Jagger, of English, Irish, Dutch and some Cherokee Native American descent. Not much of a tree - yet!! I am sure someone can get that one going in the US? I am away for a couple of months so will have to record the shows!!!

Private User
6/23/2015 at 2:43 AM

Private User, - you cannot request MP'ing private, living profiles where you are the manager. There is an error/strange behavior in such cases:

If you request it Simon will be the curator for it since he is a curator himself. Just ignore the error messages..

6/23/2015 at 6:00 AM

I've started Derek Jacobi - Does anyone have find my past?
http://www.1911census.co.uk/search/results2.aspx?x=1948593890
So I can get his grandparents (this is his father)

Private User
6/23/2015 at 6:07 AM

Will check Terry and pm you

6/23/2015 at 8:25 AM

I made Frances de La Tour an MP - Best to all

Private User
6/29/2015 at 5:35 AM

Thank you kindly, Simon Goodman (Limited Availability)! That's a huge help.

Private User, I'm not quite sure I understand. I was asking Simon to do it, which he was able to do -- he was manager and is now curator. Are we talking about different things?

Thanks to all for jumping in! Terry Jackson (Switzer), I don't have FindMyPast but sometimes they're free for Americans on Fourth of July weekend, so I can try then. Or we can ask on the main Geni discussions board? Could be a way to promote the project and draw new people in.

Private User, I've never heard her referred to as "Jerry Jagger"! She's always "Jerry Hall" here. No wonder I couldn't find a profile for her. I'll try to see what I can do with her, but I don't have Ancestry or any other paid databases right now, which is why I haven't been doing tree-building for a while. FamilySearch sometimes helps, though.

10/7/2015 at 4:52 AM

Just been watching the Frank Gardner episode and hoped to get his tree to correspond but they skimmed the latter (earlier) section such that I don't think it matches at all! It is correct up to Sir Michael Stanhope who got beheaded but earlier than that I think it may be missing links. They showed a link to Scrope but I couldn't make the connection on Geni.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion