Richard Fitzlan, Earl of Arundel - Eleanor of Lancaster my 20th grandmother. By Susan Louise Darnell

Started by Susan Louise Darnell (m. Dailey) on Thursday, May 25, 2017
Showing all 3 posts
5/25/2017 at 3:06 PM

My 20th great grandmother is Eleanor of Lancaster, Countess of Arundel (sometimes called Eleanor Plantagenet b.11 September 1318 – d. 11 January 1372). She was born at the Grismond Castle in Monmouthshire, England. A postcard pic remains. She was the fifth daughter of Henry, 3rd Earl of Lancaster and Maud Chaworth. Eleanor of Lancaster, Countess of Arundel and Warenne is my 20th great grandmother. The lineage is traced clearly from Darnell's in the 21st century, grandfathers Darnall in the 20th and 19th and 18th century living in America [often between Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio] then back to England in the 17th Century and for many centuries we are in England. While the Darnall's were continuing to consider a journey from England to Maryland, Margritt Morgan Darnall comes into the family through George Mott, her father is in Sussex, England, his mother in Cambridgeshire, her mother Nancy Creel in Essex, Nancy's father Timothy Stampe is in Oxfordshire co, at Bruern Abbey. Now in this line we are in 1515 Berkshire England with Katherine Stampe and her mother is Margaret Hyde 1500 Berkshire, Great Britiain, her mother is Joan Yates also in Berkshire. Joan's mother is Elizabeth de Beauchamp, Lady of Abergavenny who was born September 16, 1415 at
Hanley Castle, Worcestershire, England. It is her father Sir Richard FitzAlan, 11th Earl of Arundel that becomes the second husband to my 20th grandmother Eleanor of Lancaster. She had one child by her first marriage and from her second :The children of Eleanor's second marriage were:
Richard (1346–1397), who succeeded as Earl of Arundel
John Fitzalan (bef 1349 - 1379)
Thomas Arundel, Archbishop of Canterbury (c. 1353 - 19 February 1413)
Lady Joan FitzAlan (1347/1348 - 7 April 1419), married Humphrey de Bohun, 7th Earl of Hereford
Lady Alice FitzAlan (1350 - 17 March 1416), married Thomas Holland, 2nd Earl of Kent (Thomas Holand)
Lady Mary FitzAlan (died 29 August 1396), married John Le Strange, 4th Lord Strange of Blackmere, by whom she had issue
Lady Eleanor FitzAlan (1356 - before 1366)

8/23/2017 at 4:58 AM

Susan Louise Darnell, Eleanor Plantagenet, Countess of Arundel is my 18th GGM straight through from my Gardiner and Beaumont lines.

Private User
8/26/2017 at 3:42 PM

I have 3 separate lines of descent from Richard FitzAlan (10th Earl of Arundel) and his wife Eleanor of Lancaster, one each from their children Richard, Eleanor, and John.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion