Eleanor ‘Nellie’ House (Harrod) - Birthdate

Started by Lynda Roca on Thursday, March 25, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
3/25/2021 at 8:56 AM

I uploaded media (meant to do as Source but that's where it went) that shows a different birthday and perhaps marriage date to JVH. Not sure how we go about determining which seems more accurate. Would love to get this right of course. Thx for input!

4/23/2021 at 9:18 AM

I am certain that I'm at least partially involved or responsible for any HARROD problems that are coming up. About 3 weeks ago, I got a message that pointed out a known error in the 1st & 2nd generations of the family reflected in my tree. (My wife is a Harrod descendant of the John Harrod (1704-1755) & Sarah Moore (2nd wife) branch.) At the time I addressed that, I discovered that I never got around to adding the extended cousin lines that I have on the Harrod family gathered over a 20-year period. So for the last 3 weeks or so, I have been working on adding my information & collaterals and integrating it as a go with other GENI Harrod research, and with the information I have gathered over the years.

What I have discovered is there is a lot of disagreement among the many people sharing HARROD information, at least on the detail (dates & places) level, rather typical of rural & small town families in the 1700's and 1800's. I'm about 20% done adding what I have to the Harrod records on GENI. Where there are disagreements, I try to decide which of the alternatives seem to make the most sense. Most of what I am adding now are extensions to existing GENI Harrod, Chandler, and related lines.

I make it a practice to add all my information as <public> where I can, and strongly urge other colleagues & family members to make changes wherever they see the need. I'd be happy to send a .pdf copy (about 40 pages) of my initial family information, but iit does not reflect the changes I have entered on GENI to integrate with existing lines.

If you wish a copy, send me an email at paul@lareau.org

Paul Jerome Lareau

9/7/2021 at 11:36 AM

Thank you Paul. I never fot around to responding. Appreciate the insight

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion