Anna Hudson (Gray), of Virginia - Anna Gray

Thomas James Hudson发起 2021年4月27日(星期二)
Problem with this page?

参加讨论

提及的个人主页

2021年4月27日下午 1:56

Hello Friends,
I've made progress on the Gray family, our relationship to Thomas Graye, and to two DIFFERENT Francis Grays. I'm excited to share it with you. First, though, I must say that Anna Gray remains mysterious. I have a better understanding of her and I have a theory.

I'll start with the facts. We are indeed related to Thomas Graye, but not in the way I expected. His family, including his son Francis, was not the Gray family (directly, at least) that were among the first to colonize the "Northern Neck" of Virginia. The first was a different Francis Gray, "Francis Gray, Esquire", who first settle in the St. George area of Maryland. He was well known there and was a local leader. He lived near "Appomatocks" (Appomattox) at a time when Catholics had a great deal of control there. He had quite of bit of conflict with them, especially one leader, so he sold everything and moved to the Northern Neck, specifically to the Machodoc (sometimes spelled Machodeck in various texts back then) area. Machodoc is where Anna Gray passed away. Francis Gray, Esquire, and his wife Alice had a daughter, Anne. Anne married William Rush, II. His family is such a wonderful family in early Virginia history. William and Anne had a daughter named Elizabeth. Elizabeth married Joshua Hudson, son of John Hudson the first of our line to arrive in America. I will post my sources on this for you. I'd like to ask two things of you.
1. As you know, Jamestown was established in 1607. Thomas Graye was among its early settlers. As I mentioned, we are related to him - but more closely to one of his next generation. Another of these earliest settlers there was Edward Hudson. I don't know if we are related but I'm working to find out. One of John Hudson's uncles was an Edward Hudson. They both came from Barking, England - now an eastern suburb of London. (One of their/our ancestors was Gentleman Henry Hudson, one of the elected leaders of London in his day.) They both are deeply connected to the Hudsons of Tamworth, the first of whom (that I can find) was Rudolph Hudson born in 1475. Very interesting man. If you are interested, I will add a story about him some other time. Back to Edward Hudson. If you can find any information about Edward Hudson of Jamestown or Edward Hudson of Barking, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share it here or email me at tjhidaho@gmail.com
2. Anything that you find about Francis Gray, Esquire's ancestors would be most welcome by me. I will be focused on his line over the next couple of weeks. More to follow.

Sources: Geni info on Francis Gray, Esquire: Francis Gray, of St. Mary's & Machodoc
Geni info on my 13th great grandfather, Rudolph Hudson: Rudolph Hudson
MyHeritage.com info on Anna Gray Hudson - NOTE: I CAN'T ACCESS THESE FILES YET BECAUSE I AM NOT A MEMBER. IF YOU ARE, PLEASE SHARE WHAT YOU FIND. VERY IMPORTANT POTENTIAL SOURCE OF INFORMATION ON THE MYSTERIOUS ANNA GRAY: https://www.myheritage.com/matchingresult-f710216009de02eca0a72a260...
WONDERFUL ARTICLE ON OUR HUDSON LINE IN ENGLAND: https://www.thedomesticcurator.com/2013/12/hudson-genealogy-from-ru...
EXTREMELY VALUABLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GRAY-RUSH-HUDSON FAMILY CONNECTIONS: http://www.milaminvirginia.com/rush_family.html

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion