Caleb Osborne - Origins

Started by Erica Howton on Thursday, September 30, 2021
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

9/30/2021 at 9:59 PM

Just logging in a comment.

Richard Eugene Osborn

Ms Howton my name is Richard Osborn. I am descended from Caleb and his son Stephen Osborne. I have had zero success in finding who Caleb's father and mother were as it seems everyone else has too. I have learned a while back that Johnathan Osborne was false information and we are not related to Captain Enoch Osborne of Kent Ashbury. Far from it. My father always insisted that we were Scots-Irish and I have a majority of Scottish (29%) and northern European/English DNA (48%) plus Swedish and Denmark (9%) which would explain our Viking based last name of Asbjorn . It's possible that Caleb's father may have been an original settler who migrated directly from Ulster, Ireland before 1725. It's just a theory but it could explain why he isn't found in US genealogy records. I have tried to locate ships that sailed from Ireland to New York or Pennsylvania around that time, but it's like a needle in a haystack. Anyway I don't know if you actually do research on the Scots-Irish Osborne's, but maybe this information might help just in case. Thanks and have a great day!

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion