Clearer guidelines needed?

Начала Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (4)
Private User
Сегодня в 9:15 до полудня

I think the word "Forgotten" is creating a lot of confusion here. A lot of mega-famous people like Marilyn Monroe, Ava Gardner, Doris Day, Katharine Hepburn, Sophia Loren, etc. have been added to this project, and they're clearly not forgotten.

The project says to add all of the following:

• character actresses
  • pin-ups
  • "legends" from the Golden Age, who the modern public never really speak or think about
  • those who succumbed to tragic deaths

That's one project trying to do a lot of different things. :) In my mind, a "Forgotten Actresses" project works best if it just focuses on the third.

So I'm wondering if we need to either tighten up the guidelines here, or rename the project, or maybe something else entirely? What do others think?

Сегодня в 6:24 после полудня

I agree, Private User. There may be a better name for it and some may need to be moved to another "venue." Or it may just need better criteria.

Some "legends from the Golden Age" include a lot of really famous stars. I recommend it be removed from the criteria for this project. Here is a pretty extensive list of 100 stars and another good group who were in the running - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFI%27s_100_Years...100_Stars.

Do we have a "Golden Age" group?

Some of them on the "extra" list might be up for inclusion.

The tragic death stars are generally remembered. People like James Dean and Natalie Wood are remembered, but then there are stars like Inger Stevens and Jon-Erik Hexum who are largely gone from the memory of most, probably.

Just my rambling thoughts to add to the mix.

Private User
Сегодня в 7:24 после полудня

Ah, good point about "legends" -- I was thinking more about the "who the modern public never really speak or think about" part of that line.

I like the AFI list! We have some other AFI projects.

I am thinking maybe a year cutoff might also make sense...like people whose last credits were 50 years ago or something like that. It rubs me the wrong way when people who are still acting, just not in blockbuster roles, get marked as "forgotten."

Сегодня в 7:29 после полудня

I wonder if we just need to have these "actor" projects by years or epochs. I know that some cross over, but "forgotten" is sort of a harsh term, I think too.

Показаны все сообщения (4)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении