Richard (Lyes) Lee - Sources discussion

Начала Erica Howton сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (3)
Сегодня в 2:28 после полудня

Moving from profile “about.”

'... as we learned from Thorndale, a published work or research is not a primary source ...
Parish records please ....

'LADIES - where are the SOURCES as in documentation for said Christenings, marriages, births, Wills, deaths, etc ... as they do not exist, regardless of the spin .... as the primary sources cited DO NOT EXIST - if they do prove it.'

Alan Nicholls, in his "Collections for the Ancestry of Colonel Richard Lee, Emigrant", put forth evidence that this John Lees/Lyes was the son of a Thomas Lyes and (possibly) the grandson of a Richard Lyes - and still no Coton Hall connection! (This has him and William Thorndale buffaloed.)

'WHAT evidence? It is reasonable to ask for primary sources and not citings of a publication.
You are doing no better than Thorndale by citing Nichols. Period. It is the SAME thing ... look into the UK Parish records as NONE exist.'

Nicholls, unlike Thorndale, DID research original primary documents, when he could get them.

'... how do you know this? Is it a documented fact you witnessed? Opinion, speculation is not fact.'

'Then access the records and provide them please, as it would be the prudent thing to do as not to add to fictitious claims and profiles ... UK Parish record, if cited, should be attainable. Thank you.

... as we learned from Thorndale, a published work or research is not a primary source ...'

Сегодня в 2:38 после полудня

A request for sources was also found in the profile for Alce Lee

It’s not a way to ask me (in particular, as the profile manager) for more information. I won’t see it. I do however see discussions and contact manager queries.

The marriage record was seen as a record match. I’ve taken the extra step now of copying that text into the profile about, in case the image wasn’t clear enough.

Сегодня в 2:46 после полудня

Also removed documentation request found in the profile for N.N. Lee same reason.

——

LADIES - where are the SOURCES as in documentation for said Christenings, marriages, births, Wills, deaths, etc ... as they do not exist, regardless of the spin ....

——

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении