Thomas Bird - Looking for any living male lineal descendant (surname Bird) of Thomas Bird of Dorchester, MA

Начал Steven Bird сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (2)
Сегодня в 7:14 до полудня

I am a lineal male descendant of Thomas Bird of Hartford, CT, who died there in 1662. In the past, he was often confused with your Thomas Bird of Dorchester, but it was determined years ago that these were two different men. However, there are some striking naming similarities in these two families for several generations, even down to men born in the late 18th and early 19th centuries with the first name "Zenas". These are the only Zenas Bird males found anywhere and it is notable that both Thomases had male Bird descendants with that name. Also, the names James and Samuel show up frequently in both families although these names are of course much more common.

I've had extensive DNA testing done over the years and have a very extensive Y DNA profile available (including the FtDNA Big-Y test.) I would like to compare it with any lineal male descendant of Thomas Bird of Dorchester to see if there is a match. If there is a male descendant who has NOT been tested but would be willing, I would be happy to pay for the test. Please contact me at sbird1000@hotmail.com for further information.

Сегодня в 12:58 после полудня

ADDED:

To expand on my earlier message, I've done extensive research and DNA testing on proved descendants of Thomas Bird of Hartford, CT, who died there sometime between late May 1662 and August 10, 1662. I've been able to compare four male lineal descendants of Thomas Bird (Hartford) with matches on the haplogroup (E-V13) and the expected genetic distances among the cousins. Therefore, I have very high confidence that the Y chromosome haplotype of Thomas Bird is in fact E-V13. This is an unusual haplogroup for English ancestry (at about 2% of the total male population) so it is quite useful for identifying distant male relatives.

If there was an unbroken, documented male line of descent from Thomas Bird of Dorchester, MA available for DNA testing and comparison, it would determine immediately if the two Thomases were related in the male line. (Their lives were similar enough that it took Trask in 1871 a little research to determine that they were not one and the same person.) To make the comparison valid, it would be necessary to have a proved conventional genealogy for the man being tested from Thomas of Dorchester (or any of his proved lineal male descendants) to the present.

If they match on the haplogroup, then of course we could look for a common ancestor in England just before emigration. If not, then a couple of possibilities might exist: 1) they are not in any way related or 2) the Y haplotype of the male lineal descendant of Thomas of Dorchester could be due to a "non-paternal event".

The second possibility could be dismissed if there are multiple male lineal descendants from Dorchester Thomas to compare. A match among them would confirm Thomas of Dorchester's Y haplogroup and in the case of a non-match with Thomas Bird of Hartford, refute any possibility of a relationship in the male line.

I appreciate your interest! As I mentioned, I would be willing to pay for a (basic) Y DNA test if needed, enough to determine if there is a match on the Y haplogroup,,and go from there.

Показаны все сообщения (2)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении