Requests to co-manage a public profile

Начал Yigal Burstein сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Показаны все сообщения (3)
Сегодня в 8:53 до полудня

I was approached by a Geni serious user (no PRO) who requested to become a manager of a Geni profile, in order to update it and add important info. The request was sent to all managers - but none responded (or all declined). He repeated the request also for an MP profile.

The user was advised to create a new duplicate profile or a duplicate branch and request for a merge(s). Eventually he approached a curator to do it.

Had the request to be added as a co-manager reached not only the profile's managers but also its Curator, the curator could have considered the case, and probably would have approved the co-management request and the profile might have been updated by the user. That might have saved a lot of duplication work for both the user and the Curator.

Am I missing something here?

Private User
Сегодня в 2:29 после полудня

We have way too many profile management hunters so such request is usually just ignored, - people who only want their name on the profile.

If a profile is public you does not need to be a manager to edit it, - it is public, and to get full access (edit relationships) it is enough to collaborate with a manager, unless it is a locked profile. Then managers does not have access either.

If in doubt simply ask for details of what he want to add, and why he cannot ask a manager or curator to add it., - I usually never get an answer on that from profile hunters, - the only thing they want to add is their name.

Recommending adding a twin and merge it in is cheating, and we got users getting suspended by Geni for doing that too much (mostly Danes).

Personally I would like to see the list of managers removed from getting displayed on the front of a profile and replaced by a list of contributors, - people who have contributed to the profile by doing edits, adding sources etc, some times even without being a manager.

Private User
Сегодня в 2:32 после полудня

BTW: even the curator of a profile does not have access to add managers unless being a manager him/her self

Показаны все сообщения (3)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении