John Burroughs - Two sets of parents

Started by Annber Lynn on Monday, June 27, 2022
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
6/27/2022 at 8:13 AM

Which set of parents is correct? Any documentation?

6/27/2022 at 9:49 AM

I guess I'm trying to figure out how this works. Are you following theBurroughs genealogy? If so what branch are you coming from. I would like to compare notes or help you if we are on the same track. Bill

6/27/2022 at 11:16 AM

https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/LDB8-1PH

What do you think?? Thanks for taking a look.

6/28/2022 at 6:19 AM

Everything from William K Burroughs forward can ne proven through records and documentation. In fact I have collected stories and pictures etc hoing back to Armistead and beyond. However I cannotfind any records or proof of lineage at the point of John Burroughs and Margaret Riley. Other than a death record listing a John and Margaret as parents of Alfred Burroughs I have nothing on them. And certainly nothing on the father of John. The lineage I looked at here is entirely possible but many believe there were 3 generations of "John" in succession. I also believe that the Burroughs line may go back to the Jamestown colony directly as opposed to originating in Massachusetts. But everything from John and margaret on back is speculation until some form of documentation on those two and their parentage can be found. That is where my efforts are now. Bill

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion