Ethical/Legal? Issue

Начала Judith Berlowitz вчера
вчера в 8:54 до полудня

Issues like the one I'm dealing with now have come up for me after identifying birth parents for adopted people and most recently for distant relatives: A Geni user (let's call them "user A") learned through dna that they were the child of a now-deceased man who is profiled on Geni and whose profile I manage. User A then posted bio-dad as their birth father on Geni. A child ("User B") of the same father is also a Geni member and objected to public display of the connection. They asked me to make bio-dad's profile private. I reluctantly complied with User B's wishes. Yesterday I received a message from User A , asking me to restore bio-dad to public status. I believe that the birth mothers of both A and B are still living. My understanding of Geni norms inclines me to return the dad to public status but I would also like to respect the sensitivity of the other family members.

What do you all suggest? How have you handled issues like this one? I'll appreciate your responses and stories. BTW, with one exception, it is usually the father's side that does not want to recognize the newly-discovered child. And there's one case in which both sides welcomed the discovery (shown on Finding your Roots, Season Five, #1).

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении