Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (8)
вчера в 10:30 до полудня

Tredgr, Monmouthshire is in Wales, not England

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tredegar_House

Sharing the info because I was told years back not to change things on medieval profiles, but the Morgan were Welsh, not English.

Private User
вчера в 3:30 после полудня

they are welsh but many end up in England ..

вчера в 5:48 после полудня

I'm sure that's true but Monmouthshire is in Wales

вчера в 5:54 после полудня

Debbie,

The profile does show him in Wales.

Birth: 1428
Tredegar, Monmouthshire, Wales (United Kingdom)
Death: circa 1492 (59-68)
Tredegar, Monmouth, Wales (United Kingdom)
Place of Burial: Tredegr Cemetery, Tredegr, Monmouthshire, Wales (United Kingdom)

Maybe what’s confusing is the way Geni locations handle the United Kingdom, which was organized in 1707, and is the modern designation. Geni appends (United Kingdom) in parentheses to all the former separate countries (Wales, Scotland, England, Northern Ireland) in the country field.

There isn’t anything much more Geni can do about it. Locations are leased from google maps, and they show current locations “only” as countries, with Wales as a Province.

вчера в 6:12 после полудня

No, if you look under the Revisions tab - it was updated a few hours ago:

Sir John Morgan, Knight of the Holy Sepulchre's profile was updated by Edward Greg Franz. birth, burial and death
3 hours ago ·

I wouldn't have posted that it showed England rather than Wales except that until a few hours ago, that's what it showed. I know both are in the UK.

Thanks Edward Greg Franz for making the correction.

вчера в 6:44 после полудня

Well there you go, i missed the fixer! I get exasperated “United Kingdom didn’t exist” mails constantly. Personally I’m a lot more upset about United States before 1776.

вчера в 7:15 после полудня

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I don't like UK or United States for the periods that's a bad fit for. But Geni defaults to UK even if you put Wales, Ireland, etc., if I'm not mistaken I put Colonial America on my early stuff in America and that seems to work for that.

вчера в 8:29 после полудня

Been following this and agree to both the problematic issues with United States before 1776 and with UK. Thanks for finding the problem Debbie Gambrell and for the person who fixed it. :-)

Показаны все сообщения (8)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении