Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov - Possible source of info?

Начала Private User воскресенье, 31 июля 2022
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (7)
Private User
31.7.2022 в 9:49 после полудня

In http://geocitiessites.com/heartland/6721/pdump2.htm
there is a letter dated Tue, 23 May 1995 from: Harold Rhode
In it, among other things, he says "there was a Leiba Mendel Pazernov from Vilkomir, Kovna Guberniia the names of whose ancestors and four wives we knew quite well"
In other words, as I understand it, he is saying there was firm family knowledge as to the ancestors of Leiba Mendel Pazernov.
And given that phrasing, it seems clear "they" knew more than just his parents
Leiba Mendel Pazernov is Leiber Mendel Finn
and this profile - Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov - is the great grandfather of Leiba Mendel' = Leiber Mendel Finn

So it seems quite likely the names for Leiber Mendel Finn's parents, some or all his grandparents, and possibly at least one or more of his great grandparents was well known within Harold Rhode's family back in 1995.
So the names of Leiber Mendel Finn's ancestors found on Trees created by Harold Rhode were likely based on family knowledge at least.
Possibly records were found as well, but possibly not.

Private User
31.7.2022 в 10:12 после полудня

I was on Geni back when Dr. Earle Scharff (Dr. Earle Ullman Scharff) did a major Gedcom import back in July 2009, including many of the profiles in the Pazernov line.

And I had also found an "interactive tree" that was up on the internet then, posted on the internet by Harold Rhode. Thie Pazernov line is an inlaw line of mine, and a number of the descendant profiles on it are my blood kin, so I was interested and checked out a number of profiles in each tree. And in each case they were the same -- full first, middle, and last name, place of birth, current address, etc etc.

Private User
31.7.2022 в 10:39 после полудня

It was a time when any profile added that was not closely related to the person adding it defaulted to Public, so it was possible for me to see on Geni all the details on the living as well as deceased.

The Tree created by Harold Rhode that I saw back then is, I believe no longer online / accessible online.
However, there is a version uploaded by Harold Rhode to JewishGen in their Family Tree of the Jewish People (it says last updated in 2000). and I have a version he sent me in 2016.

None of the Trees I have seen online include any documentation for this profile - Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov - or for his wife. Nor have I been able to find any.

Private User
31.7.2022 в 11:13 после полудня

Harold Rhode is a 5th great grandchild of Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov .
The line between them goes thru. Leiber Mendel Finn
Harold Rhode is the 2nd great grandson of Leiber Mendel Finn
In addition to clearly having, per that letter from 1995 I link to in the first post, family knowledge of the Pazenov lind,
he also, as is made clear in the letter, had already by that time sent for and received a great many records.
Unfortunately, I know of no place where he has posted them.

Most, possibly all, the other Trees on the internet for the Pazernov line that go back to Movshe FinnPazernov seem to be copies of Harold Rhode's Tree or Trees that were copied from it, at least for that final generation or two (for "sources" they list other trees or Smart Matches).

Private User
вчера в 6:57 до полудня

On Geni, Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov's front page shows he was "Added by: Dr. Earle Scharff on July 11, 2009; his Revision List shows he "was added to the tree by <private> (Perlman) Manis./Jul 11, 2009 "
<private> (Perlman) Manis was Harriet Manis, who was also a direct descendant and from
many communications with her over the years I know did much of her original adding based on family knowledge.
It seems on Geni Moshe Joseph FinnPazernov started out as Moshe FinnPazernov born 1750.
He did not have the name Joseph as part of his name nor a Death date until Joseph was added as his middle name and 1800 as his death date by Steven Smith Wolk in Oct. 2013.

On the Tree Harold Rhode sent me in 2016, the first name is "Moshe". last name "Finn/Pazernov, date of birth ""Bef. 1750" - nothing else.
No "Joseph". no date of death.
I know many databases in the past, and possibly still, only showed exact dates. It was only relatively recently that it became possible on Geni to choose Before, After, or Between for dates, and I believe those choices do not import or export as such with Gedcoms.
I have also seen comments not to use the slash because it causes problems with Gedcoms.
Aside from the omission of the slash, the Last Name on Geni is the same as on the Tree Harold Rhode sent me in 2016.

Private User
вчера в 7:15 до полудня

Erica Howton
in "Neche Pazernov - Any Evidence?" - you stated in https://www.geni.com/discussions/243482?msg=1534384 "I don’t see “evidence” for Moshe FinnPazernov either."

Does any of the above, in your view, count as “evidence” for him?

Private User
вчера в 11:44 до полудня

In https://www.geni.com/discussions/243482?msg=1576440
Jeremy gives a quote frome a letter from Harold giving some Pazernov family relationships, plus a link to a comment on a Video from Harold, from a trip by him, narrated by him - including a view of Pazernov ancestral town.
(I am abysmal at getting youtube links, so if interested - From that link can get to the video.)

Показаны все сообщения (7)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении