Old Hop Kanagatoge Connecorte - Decedents of Old Hop Specifically Rebecca Susannah (Chicksaw) Moytoy

Начала Private User сегодня
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (4)
Private User
Сегодня в 12:03 после полудня

I am trying to locate some sort of documentation that Rebecca Susannah Turpin Welch 1680-1728 was actually the daughter of Old Hop Kanagatoge.
Does anyone have any valid documentation of this? She married my 8th Great Grandfather and I do have the Native American DNA gene that would match her line.
Any information would be appreciated.

Сегодня в 12:13 после полудня
Сегодня в 12:14 после полудня

Chief Kanagatoga (Old Hop) "Standing Turkey, Cunne Shote" Cherokee

Known as: Old Hop, Connecorte, Standing Turkey

Kanagatoga/Connecorte, the Cherokee chief called ‘Old Hop’ by whites due to a limp from an early injury, was born in the Chota/Overhill area of the Cherokee Nation about 1690. His birth year is estimated based on the many references to his advanced age in correspondence from the 1750’s. [1].

Little is known about his family. He had at least two sons, [2] mentioned (without naming them) two sons and named two nephews in a speech, [3] but the specific identities of his parents, siblings, wife or wives, and the names of his children are NOT known.

Brown in ‘Old Frontiers’ states that the ‘Standing Turkey’ who led the Cherokee briefly after Old Hop’s death was also a nephew. [4]

Сегодня в 12:15 после полудня

Rebecca Susannah Welch

(1680 - 1728) is contemporary to him.

Показаны все сообщения (4)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении