Jan Smuts Security Unit, Sharpeville & Lt. Col. G.D. Pienaar (1904-1963)

Начала Danielle Jade Hamman вчера
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Показаны все сообщения (4)
вчера в 8:30 после полудня

Gideon Daniel Pienaar, 1904-1963 was a personal aide/bodyguard to Jan Smuts (based on family photographs I assume it was nearer the end of Jan Smuts' life, so before 1950).

While there is a lot of press in newspaper archives regarding his role as Station Commander/Lt. Col. at the Sharpeville Police Station, as well as interview material in various inquiries/TRC archives online regarding his role in this incident, I'm unable to find any reference to his role in the personal protection of Jan Smuts (although I do have a photo or two which may have some clues).

How might I go about finding evidence of this? Are the SANDF or SA Military Archives which would show who worked alongside him in a guard-like capacity? Perhaps photograph archives showing him with his security team?

вчера в 8:44 после полудня
Private User
вчера в 11:15 после полудня

Good day Danielle

Please join the Facebook study group 'South Africans in WW1, WW2 and Korean War' - this is a panel on highly knowledgeable people on every facet of the two world Wars in which Smuts features prominently. Members range from ex-servicemen to historians and enthusiasts and researchers all with a keen shared interest.

Kind regards

https://www.facebook.com/groups/southafricansinww1ww2korea/

Сегодня в 1:07 до полудня

Oh thank you so much Roche!

Показаны все сообщения (4)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении