|Place of Burial:||Canongate Churchyard, Edinburgh, Scotland|
|Managed by:||Alisdair James Smyth|
About Sir Henry Jardine of Harwood, WS
Jardine of Harwood, Sir Henry. 30/01/1766-11/08/1851. Ref: 812. Male.
- Titles and British Honours: Knight(1825).
- Place of Birth: Edinburgh.
- Place of interment: Canongate Churchyard, Edinburgh.
- Profession: Writer to The Signet.
- Appointments Held: WS 1790; 1793 Solicitor of Taxes; 1802 Depute, 1820-31, King's Remembrancer in Exchequer.
- Schools and Tutors: High School Edinburgh.
- Training: Apprentice to John Davidson.
- Publications: "Report Relative to The Tomb of King Robert The Bruce and The Cathedral Church of Dunfermline".
- Marital Status: Married (1794) Catherine Skene d.1838.
- Mother: Jean Drummond.
- Father: Rev John Jardine, DD 1715-66, Minister of The Tron Church, Edinburgh.
- Other Family: Brother-in-law of James Skene of Rubislaw, FRSE 1775-1864 and Andrew Skene, FRSE 1784-1835. His daughter Catherine Jardine or Street was the second wife of Sir George Steuart Mackenzie of Coul FRSE 1780-1848.
- War Service: Lieutenant, Royal Edinburgh Volunteers, 1794.
- References: Anderson, 2, 568; History of the Society of Writers 207; Shapin 275; Register of The Society of Writers to Her Majesty's Signet, Edinburgh 1983, 162; W P Anderson 1931, 516.
- Memberships: FSA(Scot), Highland Society(1799), Caledonian Horticultural Society.
- Date of Election: 24/01/1814.
- Proposers: Sir George Steuart Mackenzie, Henry Mackenzie, Thomas Charles Hope (Minute 01/02/1813 NLS Acc10,000/4).
- Service to the RSE: Councillor (Physical) 1820-3, Councillor 1828-31, 1832-5, 1836-42.
- Fellow Type: OF.
SOURCE: Waterston, Charles D; Macmillan Shearer, A (July 2006). Biographical index of former fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, 1783-2002: Biographical Index. I. Edinburgh: The Royal Society of Edinburgh. ISBN 978-0-902198-84-5. page 484
- The Society of Writers to Her Majesty's Signet; 1890; page 111