Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
2/29/2012 at 8:18 PM

The Alunan's is one of the great families of Negros Occidental. They were hacienderos, politicians and industrialists during the "Golden Age of Sugar". This discussion aims to bring together the many awesome individuals who have chosen to contribute to the the tree and to discuss necessary improvements, validations and merges. :D

Private User
2/29/2012 at 8:38 PM

My first order of business was establishing the first "Master Profile" for a historical person and I selected Rafael Alunan Sr. I found two profiles:

Rafael Rivas Alunan, Sr. (Managed by Andrea Servando Lizares, Private User, and Edward Paredes Alunan)

Unknown Profile (Managed by Antonio Romero Alunan and Raymundo Vicente Paredes Alunan, Jr.)

Two mothers are proposed here: Josefa Rivas and Leona Tanamal. Can anyone share their insight on which is Rafael's mother? Thanks!

Private User
2/29/2012 at 9:15 PM

The email from Andrea Servando Lizares reads:

"Raymundo's first wife was Josefa Rivas. She died when her son Rafael Rivas Alunan was only 4 months old. Raymundo Alunan then married Leona Tanamal Alunan. The couple had several children whose names/nicknames appear in the two profiles of Raymundo/Osmondo. I am not sure but if Rafael Sr.'s mother died when he was only 4 months old, I think the others who are listed as children of Rafael are his children with Leona Tanamal. There are several merge issues where Rafael's mother and half-siblings are concerned. I hope you can help with these."

Please let me know if you concur with this statement of relationship. If you can share primary sources (birth/baptism records) even better! Thanks again!

Private User
3/2/2012 at 12:09 AM

Merge completed! Thanks for your help, everyone! Next, PROFILE #2: Leona Alunan

Hi, Antonio Romero Alunan. Would it be possible for you to make the above profile PUBLIC?

Hi, Edward Paredes Alunan. Would it be possible for you to make the profile of leona tanamal PUBLIC?

As soon as you do, we can merge the duplicate profiles. Note that doing this will be a great service to historical researchers; but will not affect the privacy of living family members.

As a practice, I recommend opening profiles of deceased individuals born before 1950 or those who are famous & whose family members are already covered by publicly available books, magazines and web sites. :)

Thanks in advance!

Private User
5/6/2012 at 5:52 AM

I am making a round of the grand clans and I am doing merges of the Alunan-Lizares family now, starting with Efigenio Treyes “Iniong” Lizares and Enrica Alunan Lizares. More soon ...

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion