Nahshon ben Aminadav / נחשון בן עמינדב - Problems with timeline / age of Nachson and descendants

Started by Private User on Thursday, April 10, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
4/10/2014 at 12:20 PM

There seems to be a 'problem' with the biblical lineage on Geni. Actually, it seems to be a problem in Ruth. I am wondering how you deal with this and if we can get more accurate information on Geni...

Nachshon b'Aminidov lived at the time of yetzias mitzrayim. He was counted in the census and so must have been at least 20 years old. Further, that entire generation died out, except Yehoshua and, I believe, Serach, before entering Eretz Yisroel. On Geni, he's listed as living for 200 years, well into entering Eretz Yisroel. That doesn't seem right.

Then his son Salmon is listed as living for 136 years. Do we know of other biblical cases of people living even this long by this era? It seems that already by this time lifespans were 120 years maximum. Is that incorrect?

So that brings me to the next problem: Ruth 4 has the lineage from Nachson to Dovid. It's only 6 generations from yetzias mitzrayim to the First Temple. Problem: that spans about 500 years / roughly 90 years for each child, on average. Boaz, according to Midrash Ruth, was 80 years old when he married Ruth. That helps a bit, but it seems his parents/children were even older for this to fiit. In any case, the dates on Geni don't seem that they can be accurate. What do you think?

4/10/2014 at 3:00 PM

Thank you so much for your email. I will try to look into this over the weekend and get back to you. I appreciate your information and agree we need to fix what is not right.

Best regards,
Jon

Private User
4/10/2014 at 4:57 PM

@http://www.geni.com/path/Judy+Rice+is+related+to+Nahshon+ben+Aminad... is my3 grt grandfathers wife fathers wife husband 93 grt grandfather i do not beleive he lived to be 136 yrs old people probabley did before they where 60 yrs old Judy Rice

Private User
4/11/2014 at 3:43 AM

התאריכים המופיעים אינם נכונים
לאחר המבול רק אנשים מעטים כמו אברהם יצחק ויעקב חיו מעל 120 שנה
מדור המדבר נכנסו לארץ כלב בן יפונה משבט יהודה ויהושע בן נון
בשעתו כשבניתי את העץ שלי לדוד המלך חישבתי את התאריכים אולם משהו חשב שהוא יודע יותר טוב ממני כך שברור לי שהתאריכים אינם נכונים
יש לי עץ באתר של מיהריטג עד אדם הראשון
איתן שו8שני'

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion