Sir John Gresley - Corrections

Начала Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator четверг, 19 июня 2014
Показаны все сообщения (2)
19.6.2014 в 10:59 до полудня

Removing Emma or Amy Hastings as wife of John Gresley as she was born about the time of his death, the reference from http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HASTINGS2.htm#Emma HASTINGS1 has a marriage date for them after he was deceased.

20.6.2014 в 10:19 до полудня

Peter

The dates for Emma/Amy's birth was possibly not correct and date of marriage definitely not correct. So if she were born earlier (possibly she could have been a very young wife compared to her husband who was born in 1418), they would of had to have been married between the death of his 1st wife in 1481 and his death in 1486/7.

She was the 5th dau. of Ralph Hastings, I have listed her birth as between circa 1461 and circa 1489, it is possible that her mother had children into her fifties, (not unheard of) Emma/Amy was not the last child according to some references. Even is she were born 1461 she would of been 40 yrs. younger then John Gresley.

In 'Collections for a history of Staffordshire (1880) Vol. 1891 Gresleys' is stated "But the fact cannot be regarded as established: Sir John's first wife was alive in 1481, and he died in 1486/7."

I still see this marriage as highly unlikely, unless dates are incorrect for several connecting people such as her parents, siblings.

She may have married a John Gresley but could he have been of another generation? The possibility is there that an error was made at one time and has been carried over by several other references. I have listed all I could find on each of the Profiles.

Показаны все сообщения (2)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении