Elisabeth Hartwigs - Hartwig vs PERMOLLER - SANDENBECK DEATH REGISTERS

Started by Private on Sunday, June 29, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
Private
6/29/2014 at 3:36 AM

According to new evidence I found in Barry Krugers- DIe Kruger familie van Suid Afrika - pa 21 states - it is in Afrikaans and German but I will try my best.
Mr Arthur Conrad Forste from Moisburg in West Germany wrote a letter to the RGN - in Afrikaans mind you.
The only mistake I could find in the SA publications was the surname of Jacob Kruger's mother.He started with the 1750 registers and found the following inscription.
1. Jacob Kruger were born on 28/7/1690 and baptised on 1/8/1690 in Brandenburg.
Further on it says-
" The surname of Jacob Kruger mother was not HARTWIG but PeRMOLLER. ' (sic).
That he found in the "aantekening" when she died and it states-
"1747 7. den 24 Dec., Elisabeth Permollers, Frantz Krugers Wittwe 82Jahr alt gestorwen u. den 31 begraben cum conc. funebr."
I will try English as it is only translated into Afrikaans.
"Nr. 7. On the 24th December 1747, Elisabeth Permollers (genitive of the female surname of Permoller) widow of Frantz Kruger, 82 years old, died and was buried on 31 Dec. with (lyksrede).
AS reason for this mistake he states that with the baptism of 6th child, Lisebet of Frantz and Elisabeht, the 1st witness was and godfathers was a certain Hartwig Permoller, maybe a family member of the mother.
I will change it to that adding the link to the message.

Private
6/29/2014 at 3:43 AM

SORRY PEMOLLER

6/29/2014 at 5:32 AM

THANKS JUDITH,
SO THE MOTHER IS ELISABETH PEMOLLER x FRANZ KRUGER

AND THE GODMOTHER HARTWIG PEMOLLER ???

Private
6/30/2014 at 5:45 AM

HI Barbara,
It is just a pleasure. I can't wait for this mans 2nd ediition on Kruger. He has really done extensive research.
Yes the mother is Pemoller and the godfather was family of the mothers, Hartwig Permoller. That is where the eventual mistake came in.
Judi

7/8/2014 at 7:41 AM

I might assist a bit with the German

Private
7/10/2014 at 12:57 AM

11/23/2018 at 11:00 PM

Hi Judith,

Barry has been in contact with me to give me details of my Kruger ancestry. Elizabeth was my 7th great grandmother. As you mentioned above, Elizabeth was a Permoller, but this profile still lists her parents as Hartwigs as well? Was that not the name of her godfather? I would love some clarification on this.

3/29/2022 at 5:44 AM

Further to the question "Hartwig vs Permoller, Jacob Cruger (Kruger) SV referred to his parents in the following terms in his last will and testament page 2 as it appears in
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9BY-X9KC-G?i=1052

"... te hebben zijn moeder gent. Elisabeth HARTWIG, wed. van Fans Cruger woonagtig tot Ssadenbeek in't Brandenburger Land."

Jacob clearly mentions Elisabeth HARTWIG as the widow of his father Frans. Would he have done this if Elisabeth Hartwig was a godmother?

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion