MARIA ELIZABETH KAALE

Started by Private User on Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni member
Private User
11/25/2014 at 1:55 PM

Her father was Leonardo Kaale, Son of Anthonie Kaale and Cleria Neumann Pfuhl.
The KAALE family went to Minas Gerais State in Brazil, to a Place Called Colonia Militar do Urucu, I believe the actual name is Carlos Chagas City, MG State. The first recod of the family in Brasil, that I know, was in a book by a German (Naturalist?) Traveler, called Dr. Robert Ave L'Alemand, published in Germany around 1860, "Voyages Through the North of Brasil". I have this book in Portugueses.In this book me mentioned a widow Kaale (he spelled Koole) sitting in a hut, with 3 children, crying: She had lost her husband and four of her children. We thing one was lost crossing the Atlantic and we believe Cornelies Kaale was her husband. The names Elizabeth, Jozina, Antonio, Leonardo runs in the family. Leonardo's Kaales father , My GGGrandfather was "Antonio Kale". Very possible we had some relatives in the Colony of Holandinha, E. Santo State, for I saw a letter of Leonardo Kahle, to my Gmother Maria Elizabeth, from that Area, actually from Santa Maria. But this in incidental. The Kale family was Lutheran, Baptized in the Lutheran Church in Nova Philadelphia Colony, today named Teofilo Otoni. The records are still there. The Kales migrated to: VITORIA, ES; VILA VELHA , E.S.; CACHOEIRO DO ITAPEMIRIM, ES. RIO DE JANEIRO and NITEROI, RJ State. Now there are a few Kales in some other Cities, such as Alex Kale in the South of Brazil. When baptized in the German Colony of Nova Philadelphia/ Teofilo Otoni, they were registered as KAHLE, in a germanized fashion. They persisted writing KAALE. The the Orthography of Brazil cancel the use of double letters, KAALE was simplified by Kale.I try to share this informations with as many as possible, thus I am writing here. Very few in the family has interested by Genealogy, Brazilians generally pay little attention to family names and usually treat each other in a colloquial way using their first names. One day this information might be of use. I am in the facebook as Sam de Mattos Jr. If someone wants more details, I am available. I found a 5th cousin in America, expert in Dutch Genealogy, that pushed back our genealogy to the 1700s. It is available in my Facebook. Tony Roos wrote a book about the Dutch Immigration in ES (Espirito Santo State), His book is called "CAPIXABAS HOLANDESES" but also he has it written in Dutch. There he mentioned the Kaales Going to URUCU, MG. He also caught that one of the two brothers that came to Brazil (there were some 10 years difference in their age - is in the list) was registered as KOOLE. I entertain the possibility of KOOLES / KAALES being in Brazil. I found one musician in Santa Catarina State (he was musician), but the contact did not frutifiy, maybe he is not interested in Genealogy. I am 66 years old, but I still entertain the Idea of Going to Zeeland and finding members of my family that loves History and Genealogy. Best wishes to all researching this family, Sam J. de Mattos, Jr.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion