Histfam.FamilySearch.org is no more ...

Started by Erica Howton on Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 8 posts
10/28/2015 at 9:24 AM

... but there is a way to find the very good trees they had contained.

A note from soc.genealogy.medieval@googlegroups.com

The FHL's Community Trees databases (notably the Welsh Genealogy database) which used to be at histfam.familysearch.org is now available, in a different format, at familysearch.org. It's included in a larger platform which also encompasses (unfortunately, in my opinion) the Ancestral File, the Pedigree Resource File, and the IGI.

At familysearch.org, click on "Search", then "Genealogies", which will bring up a search page:

https://familysearch.org/family-trees

If you want to search only the Community Trees database (recommended, in my opinion), go to the bottom of the page next to the "Search" button, click on the "All" dropdown menu, and click "Community Trees". All the information in the Welsh Genealogy database is still there, but in a considerably different display format. It takes some time to get used to the changes, but it does work....

10/28/2015 at 9:26 AM

Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator in particular although I'm sure others of found the trees useful due to their good citations.

The tree that come to my mind was the "Nixon" tree. Any others?

Private
10/28/2015 at 9:36 AM

Erica Howton thanks for the heads up.. Yes the I am not a crook tree comes to mind..

Private
10/28/2015 at 9:36 AM

but i was thinking more the one on queen elizibeth since we are talking welsh\scots brits etc etc

10/28/2015 at 10:06 AM

I believe the name of that tree in the old histfam was Royal Families of the British Isles but I don't recall. do you think you can find it under its new name and search? It had long lists of references for almost every profile.

Private
10/28/2015 at 10:49 AM

I,ll check on that. As it is i was using that site to look up a noble man whos name is escaping me right now that was excuted for being involved with the guy fakws plot for the beheaddings project

10/28/2015 at 11:25 AM

Thanks for the info Erica.

It's too bad, I don't think the old links that I already posted on several profiles work, if I can find the information again, I could post new links.

10/28/2015 at 1:04 PM

That's why I started this discussion. As we run across them, we all can look for the new URLs - and search for this discussion for "how to find." And perhaps there's a hope FamilySearch will redirect those dead links one day.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion