John Philipps, Sir - Philipps line corrections

Started by Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator on Saturday, March 12, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts

I see that Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle is listed as dying when he was a year old yet he is married and has 10 children connected. Either the dates are wrong or the connections.

The information in his about section is for of John Philipps, Sir and Elizabeth Griffith, of Penrhyn from Family Search and only lists two children for them which does not include a son John. But this information is incomplete as John & Elizabeth (Griffith) Philipps had more children then listed at Family Search, they also had at least William & Richard Philipps.

I see that Richard Phillips, MP has the wrong father, connected as son of Sir John Phillips Jr. when he should be connected as the son of John Phillips, Lord of Picton & Elsbeth Phillips, of Penrhyn

3/12/2016 at 9:50 AM

Carol, using your link for Sir John Phillips -- apparently there are duplicate profiles for this line. One is <private> Bowen ( Phillips) as the wife of Mathias Bowen of Lyngwair. I have her as Mary Phillips of Picton Castle. Also, I have her father as Sir John Cilsant Phillips -- meaning there must be a duplicate for him, too.
(These "private" profiles for a person dead for centuries are a pet peeve of mine.)

3/12/2016 at 10:30 AM

Linda
Thank you for pointing this out, I see that the privacy was recently changed Mary Bowen (Phylips of Picton Castle)'s profile was updated by Linda Saylor. privacy 9 hours ago

I have reverted the privacy change back to public, & MP'd Mary Bowen (Philipps of Picton Castle)

I wonder why she would change this to private?

3/12/2016 at 10:59 AM

Linda Wellman
I think this are the same Profiles John Phillips, Lord of Picton had the middle name of Cilsant removed, his middle name was not Cilsant. Of Cilsant & Picton can be added in the Display name if you would like.

Private User
3/12/2016 at 1:54 PM

The fly in the ointment is Maria Phillips. Maria Phillips, of Picton
Her Father was not as listed but some unknown Phillips from Yorkshire on the North Sea coast. I have no idea who he was, but she should be disconnected from the Pembroke Philippses.

Private User

Maria Phillips, of Picton is just one fly there is almost a swarm connected to Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle who is listed as died when a year old connected to wife Gwenllian Philipps and motherless children Dionysia Cholmeley & Thomas Phillips & Roger Phillips & Philip Phillips

3/12/2016 at 3:33 PM

Thanks, Carol! Maybe "of Cilsant" could be added after Sir John Phillips name? I ask this only because I have a 2nd, unrelated Phillips line - & am easily confused! :-)

removing Dionysia Cholmeley & Maria Phillips, of Picton as children of Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle

From the references that can be found they were not connected to the Philipps of Picton

Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle removed as son of John Phillips, Lord of Picton

Thomas Phillips removed as son of Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle

The son James Philipps connected as the son of John Phillips, Lord of Picton was connected as father of a dupl. of Morgan Philipps.
Removed James as son of John and merged him with John Phillips, Lord of Picton continued with merging of the duplicate sons Morgan Phillips & his duplicate sons Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle , etc.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion